Even though pandemic times made us addict to our small screens, many of us love to watch on a big flat screen. Roku TV screen mirroring app has made life simpler and easier as it helps us cast our Androids, laptop screens onto the big screen. You can share your screen from your phones to show interesting pictures or even movies for your family to enjoy. But many these days have claimed that Roku TV Screen mirroring has been malfunctioning or not being able to connect to other devices.
Roku users’ common complaint is that when the devices are to be paired, they keep seeing error messages like “Couldn’t Connect” or “Connecting” for a long time. They are tired of the issue of the Roku screen mirroring not working.
This can be because of device errors or TV settings, or issues with your Windows 10 operating system settings. Most of the cases that are seen are mostly the outdated operating systems or Micra cast drivers and even the state of the Roku device. If you face trouble with your Roku device connection, look for all the flaws that prevent you from connecting.
Resolve Roku screen mirroring not working issue:
There are simple ways to overcome the issue of Roku screen mirroring not working. You have to check which is preventing you from connecting the Windows to your big screen.
The easiest way to address this problem of Roku screen mirroring not working is to reconnect everything. First, you have to disable and disconnect every paired device of Roku. And then start from the first step of adding the Roku as a device. Sometimes your Roku device or any other paired device can get into a limbo state due to a long connection.
This triggers the operating system that is always getting connected and not being able to connect. This is very common when the Roku device is wrongly disconnected, or the usage is interrupted due to a power cut or cut of cables. This problem can easily be rectified.
To unpair and pair your Roku device, you need to follow the steps below:
- – Go to your Bluetooth and other devices in your settings.
- – Click on your Roku device that is paired already.
- – Remove it from your list.
- – Switch off your Bluetooth.
- – Switch on your Bluetooth and add your device.
- – Search for your Roku device and add it to the list.
- – Reboot your computer for faster implementation.
- – Click Windows key + R for your run tab window.
- – There, type “settings: connected devices” and enter.
- – This will go directly to the connected devices window in your settings.
- – Click on Bluetooth & other devices where you can remove your Roku device.
- – Now restart your computer.
- – Go to Bluetooth & other devices where you can add your Roku device.
- – And connect to it faster.
After following these easy steps, check if the Roku screen mirroring not working issue is resolved.
See also: Fixed: Wacom Pen Not Working
The most common and frequent error everyone does is not updating the system regularly. The system lags a lot, and it becomes difficult for devices to connect and work faster.
It is always very important to update your system for any device to work efficiently.
To update the systems, follow the steps below:
- Go to settings and choose Update & security.
- Select windows update right on the top and install them.
- Restart your PC.
- Now, try connecting to your Roku device by going to your Bluetooth settings.
- Directly press the windows key + R to open the Run dialogue box on your system.
- Then type “ settings: windows update” and Enter.
- The windows update window will directly open.
- Click on Check for updates, where you will be able to find new updates available.
- Install whatever is required to keep your system up to date.
- Once it is done, restart and reconnect to your Roku device.
Latest Network Driver:
Many PCs or Laptops require the latest network driver to accept new devices. It is important to have the Network Driver updated; else it can cause hindrance in making the Roku device work.
To install or update the Latest Network driver, follow the step:
- Go to Start and search for Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, Right-click on Network Adapter.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the right corner.
- Right Click – wireless network driver – Properties
- Go to the Driver and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated software for the driver.
- Once the Scanning is done, install the new version on your driver.
- After completing the update, restart your computer.
- Now go to Bluetooth devices and try pairing with your Roku device.
Check if the Roku screen mirroring not working issue appears again.
Method #Bonus Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
When the computer or the laptop is on a Public network, the windows get more protected and defends every other connection. The windows defender firewall starts to block or deny access to get paired with RokuTV or any other Roku device. This can be a problem that can easily be rectified if you can change the settings.
To change your settings to Private, follow the steps below:
- Click start and go to your settings; else, use Windows key + I for the settings app.
- Choose Network & Internet.
- Then, in the Network & Internet window, select Network status.
- Choose Private over Public.
- Now restart your laptop.
- Pair your Roku device once again, and you are good to use it.
We hope now this article was helpful enough. Now you can enjoy and never face the Roku screen mirroring not working issue again.