Microsoft’s Xbox Wireless Adapter proved to be a convenient creation for Windows 10. It is a tiny USB Dongle that enables its gamers to play their favored games on PC using any Xbox Wireless ‘CONTROLLER’. It features wireless stereo sound support and can connect up to eight controllers at once! However, a lot of users have raised concerns that the Wireless Adapter does not work at times. Reports show that most users struggle to troubleshoot these Xbox errors. I found a few solutions that may help resolve an Xbox wireless adapter not working error.
Visit Xbox by clicking here
Table of Contents
- 1 4 Common Ways To Fix Xbox Wireless Adapter Not Working Issue
- 2 Conclusion
4 Common Ways To Fix Xbox Wireless Adapter Not Working Issue
Without any further ado, let’s look at the common fixes to this problem. Also know about troubleshooting epic games launcher which can come in handy while playing games.
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Check The Receiver
Make sure your X-Box wireless receiver is properly plugged in, and check if your PC recognizes the receiver. If the installation process is complete, it would mean that your PC has recognized it. Check if the Xbox wireless adapter not working issue is fixed.
If the installation does not work, that would mean that there is a problem with the Driver.
Install/Update The Driver
The important thing to do when attempting to connect an Xbox Wireless Adapter to your PC is to have the right version of its ‘Driver’ downloaded. If you aren’t sure what that means, allow me to simplify it for you: A Driver is a link between the OS (Operating System) and a Device, which works as a translator between the two.
Dynamic Link Library File
In Computer Science, a driver is a DLL File (Dynamic Link Library File), which facilitates communication between the OS. Every Application or Program requires a driver to be installed in order to help the computer talk to your external device. Without the right driver, your Computer will not be able to establish a connection with the device that you are plugging in. In this case, your Xbox wireless receiver. You can either install/update the driver automatically or manually.
Update/Install Driver Automatically
To install the right Xbox driver automatically, follow these steps:
- Start Menu > Settings > Device Manager > Other Devices > XBOX ACCOUNT
- Now, check your Device Status. If it tells you that .‘The Driver for this device is not installed.’ It means that the currently installed driver is not compatible with your PC’s Operating System.
- The screen’s message will prompt you to click on ‘Update Driver.’ Follow the prompt, and a new window will open.
- For the next step click on the first option that you will see. Choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and verify your Driver installation process.
- If this process fails, you can try installing the driver manually.
Update/Install Driver Manually
To install the right Xbox driver MANUALLY, follow these steps
- Follow all the steps until the new Window opens with two options. Instead of the first, choose the second option, ‘Browse my computer for driver software.’
- Next, click on ‘Browse’ and locate the Driver’s Location, and once you click on ‘Open,’ the location’s URL will show up on your screen.
- Click ‘Next’ at the bottom of the Window and proceed to verify your Driver Installation process.
Next, find out if your driver has been installed successfully.
To verify this, go to ‘Device Manager’ and search for your device ‘Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows’ under the ‘Network Adapter’ filter. If it shows up there, you are on the right page.
Check if the Xbox wireless adapter not working issue still persists.
Problems with the driver installation process, indicate a Hardware Malfunction. The best solution – you can either replace the Wireless Adapter Module or send your Xbox adapter to the Authorized Xbox Dealer for service.
Wireless Adapter – Working But Not Responding
This problem of the Xbox wireless adapter not working is a common issue faced by users. It arises because the Power Management system puts the Computer to sleep. Thereby not allowing the Wi-Fi Module power to function.
By default, the computer turns off the device to save power. A way to fix this fault would be to disable that option.
There are two ways to disable the option of allowing the computer to turn off the device:
When your computer system is in operation, unplug the device and plug it back in. This would usually solve the Xbox wireless adapter not working error.
If the first option fails, you can adjust the properties accordingly to ‘Allow the Device to Wake the Computer Manually using the following steps:
- Start Menu > Settings > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
- After you click on ‘Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows,’ a Properties Window will open.
- Next, select the ‘Power Management’ tab and choose ‘Allow this device to wake the computer’
- Click on ‘Ok’ at the bottom of the screen.
Using these two methods, you can fix your XBOX wireless adapter, if it ceases to respond.
Well, that’s about it! We’ve addressed the four most common Xbox wireless adapter not working errors and the possible solutions for each fault. I hope this article has been helpful to you. And if your problem with the adapter persists, I suggest that you buy a NEW XBOX Wireless Adapter. Happy Gaming!
See also: How To Fix Hulu Error Code 504
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.