This article provides details on error code 0x80070570, providing all the details, meaning, causes and easiest ways to repair the error. This usually occurs when we try to update our current system or try to install the new one.
But, is the installation always so easy? No, it isn’t. Windows 7 is a user-friendly version of Windows Operating System by Microsoft. That is the reason why people gets incline to update it or install it freshly. But, every good thing comes with a price. This comes with a bunch of errors in the installing or updating process, the most common of all being 0x80070570.
We know that it is not a good practice to ignore the errors. We should try to fix them as early as possible as they affect the performance of the system and lead to freezing to locking or corruption of the system. This article will help you clear all the doubts that you have related to the 0x80070570 error- the reasons for its occurring and some methods to fix this error.
When Does 0x80070570 Error Occur?
This error would generally occur when you are trying to install a Microsoft update or install Windows freshly. The 0x80070570 error occurs in the middle of the installation process and thus, stops the installation process. When this error occurs, it reads in the screen a certain message saying that it cannot install some files and prevent your PC from being capable of installing or updating system. Moreover, this error usually arises in three different situations. Here, we have divided it into the types wherever the 0x80070570 occurs:
Type 1 – The first type displays the following message during the Windows 7 installation: “Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570.”
Type 2 – A while back, Microsoft provided a new update for Windows 10, however, a couple of users couldn’t finish the update and met the error “Some refresh records are missing or have issues. In this article, we’ll try to fix the error which arises whenever you try to update it again.
Type 3 – This type of error might occur because of some hardware or software fault while transferring files from one type of storage to another. If this is the reason, the error would like Error 0x80070570: The file or directory gets corrupt and unreadable.
As it can be seen that this error message shows the detailed description of the error and also shows the numeric code, but it is not easy to look for this actual case the error has occurred.
Why Does the 0x80070570 Error Occur?
There are several reasons for the occurrence of this error. The following list contains the most common ones:
1. The computer might not be able to process the required files or the settings that are needed for the installation CDs. Or, the installation disk might corrupt or damage.
2. The application might not locate the files that we require for the installation process. This might be because of the errors in registry settings, or the essential registry files might be corrupted or even missing.
3. The deleted files remain on the computer in the Recycle Bin. But, the system might be unable to locate them. Or, the user is trying to remove the files located in specific folders which the system does not allow.
4. The Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) Drivers, built-in, might be incorrectly recognized by the system during the installation process.
5. The computer might be affected by any virus or malware, and that might prevent any action done by/to the PC. A virus most commonly gets into the system while downloading something over the Internet, browsing a webpage, checking emails, etc. Now, once the virus or something alike is into the system, it can steal information, delete files and even manipulate data.
How to Fix Windows Error Code 0x80070570?
Now that we have learned about the most common reasons for the 0x80070570 error being occurred, we now have to try to fix this error so that we can continue with the task that was suspended because of this error. The following method will help you to resolve the error. So, keep reading and address the issue.
Type 1- Windows 7 Installation Error Code 0x80070570
The first type of the Error Code 0x80070570 is the Windows 7 installation problem. You can fix this kind of error using 4 different methods as described below:
Method #1 Prevention is Better than Cure
A corrupted ISO file on a perfect CD or USB Drive or a faulty CD or damaged USB Drive can cause the 0x80070570 error. Thus, such drives should be avoided. If you want to install the Windows using a USB drive, then try to use a new drive with the latest ISO file. This reduces the probability of the error to occur. If you prefer to use a CD, then use one burned with a copy of Windows and Microsoft products with a legal license key.
If you are burning the CD yourself, we advise you that you should burn the CD at a slow speed because; the write speed is directly proportional to the chances of errors to occur. Also, the CD which you use should be of excellent quality and not too old. An old CD is more likely to damage, and a damaged CD is very likely to cause errors.
By taking these points in mind, we will try to avoid many errors as far as possible.
Method #2 Retry Windows Installation
If the error occurs even after using the perfectly well USB Drive or CD, you can try re-installing Windows. Here it is again recommended to use the latest ISO file, and before installing the Windows again, the BIOS should update to the newest version.
Also, all other hardware that has been connected to the computer, such as a printer, external CD drive, microphone, speakers, etc. should be disconnected first. This will help you prevent any hardware interrupt and thereby reduce the chance of errors.
Click on Install Now button on the Installation Wizard and thus, the installation process would start. If the error is still being received, cancel the installation process by clicking on Cancel button and then, click on Install Now button again. As this would be done, Windows would be installed again without the system is rebooted.
Method #3 Running Chkdsk in Windows RE
This method needs you to restart the computer and boot it with the installation disk. Follow the steps that are mentioned below.
1. Put the installation CD in the computer’s optical drive and restart the computer.
2. If prompted to press some key to run Windows installation, then push it.
3. Set the language properly. Then, select the Repair my computer option.
4. Select the installation that is in need of any repair and then click on the Next button.
5. After this, the menu would show the System Recovery option.
Click on it twice to open a command prompt.
6. In the command prompt, type “chkdsk/f/r” and press Enter. Wait for the checks and repairs to complete.
7. Select Y to restart the computer and you are done.
Method #4 Changing the BIOS Settings
This would be one of the rarest reasons for the error to occur, i.e., improper setting of the BIOS. Well, even if it is so in your case, there is nothing to worry about as it is effortless to change the BIOS settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Boot your computer into BIOS. While the computer is booting, prompt information would be visible on the screen. It tells that you can enter into the BIOS by entering a given key from the keyboard, generally F2. But then, the key also differs with the difference in the computer.
2. Read that information appropriately and press the key that they ask you to press.
3. Then, go to the Drives option and select SATA option and then, you need to do some changes. It might be written as “RAID Autodetect-AHCI,” change it to “RAID Auto detect-ATA.” Save the changes.
4. Exit the BIOS and retry installation of Windows.
Method #5 Cleaning the Registry
All the settings, options, entries for software and hardware are there in the Registry. The Registry sees that the system runs correctly. Thus, if the files get corrupt/ damag, the Registry won’t work correctly. And so, many errors can occur including the 0x80070570 error.
Now, we want to fix this error, and so it means that we have to clean the system registry. Most of the technicians would suggest this solution. You can do the cleaning of system registry manually as well as by some third-party tools.
Although the manual process is very complicated and involves many professional operations, you can give it a try. Before doing so, you just need to make sure that you have a backup of all the files on your system so that if anything goes wrong, you can still have your data.
Type 2 – Windows Update KB3116908 Failed to Install Error 0x80070570
This error might arise due to the cumulative update for Windows 10 which recently came out but most users couldn’t complete it. If the error is happening again whenever you try to install the update, do the following:
1. Go to C Drive in My Computer and go to the following location:
2. Out of numerous folders present in there, look for the folder with name- a39ba752a8aa7203217c75802d7fddd.
3. Delete that folder. This folder can delete only if you have logged in as an administrator.
4. Restart your computer and try installing the update again.
Till now what all methods we have seen were meant for fixing the 0x80070570 error caused while installing windows or updating it. But then, it is not the only place where this error can occur. As mentioned in the reasons for this error, it can also happen while transferring files or deleting files. The following methods describe how to fix the error if it has generated because of this reason.
Type 3 – Error 0x80070570: The File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable
And finally, the last type of error arises whenever you’re transferring files which corrupts and unreadable between the transfer process. You can fix it as well using the following:
Method #1 Scan for Virus
The file transfer or deletion might lead to error if some virus or malware have changed the system settings. The virus can steal or modify information and data related to files. So, to fix the error, you should scan the system for any virus and remove if found any. For scanning, having the Firewall enabled is necessary. Also, install a good Anti-Virus software on your computer and should be active. Scanning and removing the virus should solve the error if the viruses were the reason for the error.
Method #2 Checking for the Drivers Installed and Updating Drivers
The Drivers play a vital role in the operations performed in the system. So, the system must have the required Drivers installed and also, they should be up to the date. Then only the information transfer would do correctly.
1. Right-click on My Computer icon and then click on Properties option.
2. Click on the Device Manager tab on the left part of the Window that has opened.
3. Click on the devices shown and check if the drivers are working correctly or not.
4. If there is any problem, click on Update Driver option in the Driver tab.
Method #3 Defragmenting the Hard Disk
The data on the hard drive does not organize and place well in disorder. So, defragmenting the hard drive implies easy access to all the parts of the drive.
1. Go to Control Panel from the Start and then, click on the System and Security option.
2. In that, click on Defragment your hard drive option.
3. This would open a Defragmenter window. Click on Analyze Disk button to start checking if the needs defragmenting.
4. If the need appears, click on Defragment Disk button. Click the box as the process gets over.
Method #4 Recovering the Lost Data
This is the last resort to fix the error if none of the methods above helped. The reason would be that some partitions of the drive become inaccessible and the required data would be lying in those partitions. So, we need to recover data from those partitions. Eassos Recovery Free is free software which helps you scan the inaccessible files and thereby restore them back.
1. Launch the software so that we can use it for recovery.
2. Select the required recovery mode by clicking on the corresponding button.
3. After that, select the partition which is supposedly having your necessary file. Then, click on the Next button. This may take a while, but you need to have patience as it depends on the size of the partition.
4. This would show all the files on that partition that are inaccessible.
5. Recover the required files by clicking on the Recover button.
So, these were some methods to fix the 0x80070570 error. We have tried to solve the error for both the types of reasons for its generation. Hope you found the methods easy to resolve any kind of 0x80070570 error.
- 1 When Does 0x80070570 Error Occur?
- 2 Why Does the 0x80070570 Error Occur?
- 3 How to Fix Windows Error Code 0x80070570?
- 3.1 Type 1- Windows 7 Installation Error Code 0x80070570
- 3.2 Type 2 – Windows Update KB3116908 Failed to Install Error 0x80070570
- 3.3 Type 3 – Error 0x80070570: The File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable
- 4 Final Words