Windows 10 Random Restart Error is a very common issue. Windows 10 usually restarts automatically to save your system from some Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error. It can be caused by a failing hardware component in your system. Such a component can cause Windows to reboot without any prior warning. The most common hardware issues that cause this problem is an overheated Graphic card or even Driver issues.
Other reasons for the Windows 10 random restart error include virus or malware and also a faulty power supply. Even though the automatic restart feature of windows is handy when trying to fix a BSOD error but it is annoying for users when the computer restarts randomly.
If you are facing a similar issue where your computer randomly restarts, then don’t worry because the following methods will surely save you from the annoying issue. Before you begin attempting any of the following methods, we strongly suggest you go through the steps carefully before starting to do a fix. Also, we recommend you to create a restore point and check for any BAD POOL CALLER BSOD error.
- 1 How to Fix Windows 10 Random Restart Issue
How to Fix Windows 10 Random Restart Issue
Method 1: Disable Windows Automatic Restart Feature
1. At First, Right click on This PC/ My Computer and then select properties.
2. In the left-hand panel of the window, select Advanced system settings.
3. Go to the Advanced tab and under the Startup and Recovery option, click on Settings.
4. Under the System Failure option, uncheck Automatically Restart, then click OK.
5. Then Click Apply and then OK
6. Reboot your computer to save the changes. Check whether the Windows 10 random restart error is fixed or not.
Don’t miss out –
Method 2: Update BIOS
Performing a BIOS update is a critical task and can damage your system if anything goes wrong. Therefore, expert supervision is recommended.
1. To identify your BIOS version, Press Windows Key + R, then type in “msinfo32” and Click OK to open the System Information.
2. In the System Information window, find BIOS Version/ Date and then note down the manufacturer and BIOS version.
3. Go to your manufacturer’s website and enter your computer’s serial number, or click on the auto detect option.
4. From the list of Drivers shown on the site, Click on BIOS and download the recommended update. ( Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from the power source while updating BIOS.)
5. After the file is downloaded, double-click to run it. It might be due to any Windows Update Error like 0x8024a105.
6. This updates your BIOS, and it would’ve solved the Windows 10 random restart error.
Method 3: Change the Power Options
1. At First, Right click on the Power icon on the taskbar and then select Power Options.
2. Click on the Change Plan Settings next to your current power plan.
3. Then Click on the Change Advanced power settings option.
4. Expand the Processor Power Management.
5. Click on the Minimum Processor state and set it to low values such as 5% or 0%. (Change the Option for both Plugged in and Battery)
6. Click Apply and then OK.
7. Reboot your computer and check whether the Windows 10 Random restart error remains.
Do check out –
Method 4: Reinstalling of Graphics Card Drivers
1. At First, Press the Windows Key + R and then type in “devmgmt.msc”, then click OK to open Device Manager.
2. Expand the Display Adapters and then Select NVIDIA Graphic card and then select Uninstall.
3. If a confirmation window arises, Select Yes.
4. Then Press Windows Key + X and then choose Control Panel.
5. In Control Panel, Click on Uninstall a Program. Also, do check out for NVIDIA Installer Failed in Windows 10 Error.
6. Uninstall everything related to NVIDIA.
7. Reboot your system to save the changes. And download the setup from the manufacturer’s website.
8. Check whether the Windows 10 random restart issue is fixed or not.
Also, read –
Method 5: Update Graphic Card Drivers
1. Press Windows Key + R, then type in “devmgmt.msc” and then Click OK. But before you move forward, do check for any Display Driver Stopped Responding Error.
2. Expand Display adapters and then right-click on your NVIDIA Graphic select enable.
3. Then After it is done, right click on the graphics card and select Update driver software.
4. Select the Search automatically for updated driver software. If not, you can also check the fix for NVIDIA Driver Crashing in Windows 10 on ValidEdge.
5. If the Windows 10 random restart error is fixed with these steps, then very good. If not then continue the following steps.
6. Select Update Driver Software again and then in the next window, Select Browse My computer for driver software.
7. Then Select “let me pick from a list of device drivers on a computer.”
8. Then, select the compatible driver from the list of your Nvidia Graphics and then click Next.
9. After the above process is finished, check whether the Windows 10 random restart error is resolved.
Don’t miss out –
Method 6: Overheating issue
If your computer seems to overheat, then the reason behind the random restart of your computer. In this case, the solutions are simple, like providing heat vents to your system, or other issues such as a faulty fan or even dust. Providing better cooling systems to your computer is the only way you can solve this error.
Method 7: Perform a System Restore
1. At First, Press Windows Key + R and then type in “sysdm.cpl”, then click OK. Also, this method can help you fix Windows 10 Slow Shutdown Error as well.
2. Under the System Protection tab, Select System Restore.
3. Then Click Next and choose your desired System Restore point.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system restore.
5. Reboot your computer.
Also, read –
These methods are the best and proven methods that can solve your problem quickly. We remind you again to go through every step carefully before attempting these methods. We hope that these methods helped you to solve your problem.