The update in Windows 10 is encountered with numeral kind of errors. One of such Error code is 0x8024a105. The 0x8024a105 error is caused mainly due to wrongly configured system files in your Windows. The various reasons behind the issue can be an incomplete installation; an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware, attack by a virus or improper shut down.
- 1 How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105
- 1.1 Method 1: Run Troubleshooter
- 1.2 Method 2: Clear and Reset Software Distribution Folder
- 1.3 Method 3: Reset Catroot2 Folder
- 1.4 Method 4: Find and fix the corrupted files using DISM tool
- 1.5 Method 5: Customize Windows Update Settings
- 1.6 Method 6: Perform a Clean Boot
- 1.7 Method 7: Reset Windows Update tool Agent
- 1.8 Method 8: Update drivers
How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105
The error can be resolved by applying the below-given methods.
Method 1: Run Troubleshooter
Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter is the basic fix that can be applied to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105. The steps to run the troubleshooter are given below:
1. Go to Start Menu.
2. Type Troubleshoot in the search field and Press Enter.
3. This will open the Troubleshoot Window.
4. Click on Windows Update to expand the option.
5. Now Click on Run Troubleshooter.
6. The scanning will start and the problem will be detected.
7. Follow the instruction given on the screen to fix the problem.
Try updating your Windows 10 again and check if the problem is resolved.
Method 2: Clear and Reset Software Distribution Folder
Clearing and Resetting the Software Distribution Folder can solve the update error code 0x8024a105. Software Distribution Folder is a Windows Update Component. Hence it is suggested to reset it. The steps to be followed are listed below:
1. Press Windows Key+X & choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
2. In the Command Prompt, type the following commands one by one and Press Enter.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
3. Now go to the following folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete the entire content.
4. Again go back to the command prompt and type or copy the below-given commands one by one followed by entering:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
5. Restart your System.
Method 3: Reset Catroot2 Folder
If the Error Code 0x8024a105 still exists, reset the catroot2 folder. The steps to do the task are mentioned below:
1. At first, press Windows Key+X & select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
2. In the Command Prompt type the following commands one by one and Press Enter.
net stop cryptsvc
xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s
3. After the execution of commands, delete files in Catroot2 Folder.
4. Again go back to the command prompt and type the following command:
net start cryptsvc
5. Restart your system. Retry updating your windows and check if the issue is resolved. If not, navigate below for further methods.
Method 4: Find and fix the corrupted files using DISM tool
The Windows 10 update error code 0x8024a105 can also be caused, due to the presence of corrupted files. Therefore it is suggested to run an inbuilt DISM tool to fix the error. The steps to follow are as follows:
1. Press Windows Key+X together.
2. Now, choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu & open it.
3. Type the given below command and press Enter.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
4. The DISM tool will scan the problem and resolve the issue.
5. Restart your system. Try updating your Windows now.
Method 5: Customize Windows Update Settings
The steps to customize the update settings by user needs are as below-
1. Hover the arrow to the right corner of your screen and open the Charm Bar.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Click on Update and Security.
4. Navigate below for Advanced Option and click to open it.
5. Check the box Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
6. While using a local network click on Delivery Optimization.
7. Toggle the option Allow downloads from other PCs to turn it on.
Retry to update the error and see if the 0x8024a105 error code is fixed.
Method 6: Perform a Clean Boot
The steps are given below:
1. Press Windows Key+R button simultaneously to open the Run Window.
2. Type “msconfig” in the text field and hit OK.
3. This will open System Configuration utility window.
4. Click on Services Tab.
5. Check the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox. Now, press Disable all button & hit OK.
Method 7: Reset Windows Update tool Agent
The steps to reset the Windows Update tool Agent are as follows:
1. Download the Reset Windows Update Agent from Microsoft.
2. Right Click on it and select Run As Administrator.
3. A message prompt will open.
4. You will see a message i.e. Do you want to continue the process?(Y/N).
5. Press Y and hit Enter.
6. This will check all the windows related issues.
7. Out of all the issues, see if the 0x8024a105 error code is resolved or not.
Try updating your windows again.
Method 8: Update drivers
The problem in Windows 10 Update Error code 0x8024a105 can also be due to outdated drivers. Therefore as one of the fix, update your drivers to resolve the errors.
1. Press Windows Key+ X button simultaneously & choose Device Manager.
3. Choose the Outdated driver and Right Click on it.
4. Select Properties.
5. Open the details tab.
6. In the drop-down menu, navigate for Driver Ids.
7. Open the driver tab.
8. Uninstall it.
9. Download the driver from the official site and reinstall it.
Hopefully, the above given eight methods were able to serve the purpose and the error code 0x8024a105 was resolved. If the problem continues, it is suggested to reinstall your Windows 10. Before you opt for the reinstallation keep the necessary backups of all the essential files.