A lot of clients have encountered the issue where the latest Windows 10 update they performed figured out how to disable or expel the Asus Touchpad driver from their PC. This can bring about an assortment of issues for them; for example, the ASUS Touchpad Not Working appropriately or even not working by any stretch of the imagination.
Fixing ASUS Touchpad Not Working issue can be clarified with the way that Windows attempts to perform reports on the majority of your gadgets and once in a while, it bombs all the while. On the off chance that Windows neglects to refresh it appropriately, the old driver is then expelled, and Windows attempts to introduce the most recent form however in some cases it comes up short, bringing about the loss of the Asus Touchpad driver.
The Freezing of ASUS Touchpad
Whenever a gadget, coordinated or include all of a sudden falls flat, you may think the equipment had an unexpected passing. While this might be valid now and again, it’s smarter to think about less exceptional reasons first. Even though PCs and their working frameworks can be intricate, there are generally primary zones to focus in on before calling that expert, including the Asus touchpad not working. You reboot your Asus PC after an update.
After marking in, all appears to be well that is until you endeavor to move the cursor around the screen utilizing the touchpad, and find that it’s just not moving anyplace. If the mouse is available, you can append it to a USB port and proceed with your business. That, notwithstanding, maintains a strategic distance from the real issue wrecked touchpad.
10 Ways to Fix ASUS Touchpad not Working
Method #1 Check if the Touchpad is Enabled
Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard and “I” at the same time which will open the Settings window. After this, click on devices, touchpad, and open additional settings. Now Check if the ASUS touchpad is enabled or not and confirm by clicking Apply and OK. Now go back and see if it is working properly.
Method #2 Utilize the Troubleshooter
Sometimes Troubleshooter on Windows 10 fails to work properly for specific functions, but for others, they manage to fix the problem at the same time. Several users have said that the troubleshooter fixed the problem on its own, so it’s definitely worth giving it a shot. For that, follow step by step:
1. Open the Start button followed by the gear icon. It can be directly searched also.
2. In the Update and Security menu navigate to Troubleshoot.
3. Now select the Hardware and Devices option and follow the steps one by one on the window. The Troubleshooter will automatically confirm what is causing the problem. Follow the steps given carefully one by one.
4. Close the troubleshooter, go back and check if the Touchpad is working properly.
Method #3 Uninstall all the Divers
What Windows does is that it likely downloads the default touchpad driver after it neglects to download the Asus one which may cause flimsiness if Asus produce your PC. One can try and uninstall the touchpad drivers right now introduced and physically or consequently download the Asus driver.
Before starting anything else, initially continue to refresh your ATK Package since the Asus site suggests doing this before introducing the Smart Gesture driver at all and it’s very conceivable that the old rendition of ATK Package is causing these issues.
1. Set large icons as the default view in the control panel and select Programs and Features from the menu.
2. Navigate to ATK Package and select the Uninstall option. Follow instructions one by one.
3. On the browser, go to the official ASUS website and select Service tab followed by support.
4. There will be a search box, look for your laptop’s name from the menu and Click on tools.
5. Select the working system you recently installed and preferred ATK from the menu of drivers.
6. From the recent version locate the Global option and start downloading. After the downloading has been finished, go to Downloads and open.
Method #4 Refresh the Existing Drivers Manually
An old or off base touchpad driver could likewise cause this problem. You can refresh your printer driver physically or, in case you’re not sure playing around with drivers, you can do it naturally with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will consequently perceive your problem and navigate to the right drivers to solve it.
1. Install Driver Easy in your system and run it. Click on the Scan Now button. Your device will automatically scan now.
2. There is an update button next to the touchpad driver. Download its correct version and manually install it. Also, you can try clicking on Update. All that will automatically start downloading the right version for the device.
Method #5 Update Drivers using Windows
Allowing Windows to search and install the driver required is one of the simplest solutions. However, its frequency of results is very less.
- In the search box, click on the Device Manager and locate the driver for or touchpad.
2. After clicking right, choose the “Update Driver Software “option. There will be two choices that will pop in front of you. One with an automatic approach and the other can be handled manually. Pick the first option and wait.
Method #6 The Power Button might be Turned Off
A certain button i.e. the F9 key makes the Touchpad on and off on some versions of Asus devices which can be a cause for this problem. Users can try clicking the F9 key and check the changes occurred.
Method #7 Are the Drivers Corrupt?
It’s common for any device’s driver to require updating at some point. Drivers are code that was written for a particular environment. That environment typically changes over time. There are situations where upgrade of Windows, or even a small update, cause a certain device to stop or working properly. Change the drivers.
Method #8 Change the Device Setting to their Existing Versions
This method will try to roll back the driver to its original version and might help to revert to the status of drivers before the Windows get updated.
- Click Start and type Run. Select Run. A Run dialog box appears on the screen.
2. In the run box, type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK. This further opens the Device Manager Window.
3. Locate your touchpad driver by. Click on the arrow left to this section to view the list of Touchpad and mouse drivers. Right-click on the adapter installed, select Properties from the menu. Navigate to the Driver tab in the Properties Window. Select Roll Back Driver from the options given.
4. Go one by one with the instructions on the screen and check if Windows is able to make the changes and update with to your device.
Method #9 Try Driver Support Software
There’s another option that can avoid the problem to a certain extent is using software such as driver’s support which helps in finding appropriate drivers for your system.
Method #10 Accept the Failure of the Touchpad to not Work Properly
Technology comes with its own disadvantages, Sometimes it’s not clear what the source of the problem is. This can include booting into safe mode, running diagnostics software, and so on.
We have to accept the fact systems can fail at times and discussing the problem with the manufacturer is the only solution left.
It is obvious for users to refresh or reboot an Asus laptop after updating it. In the beginning, all goes perfectly fine well until and unless you realize that the touchpad is not moving anywhere. There are a lot of solutions available to solve this problem. Some of them are mentioned above and can be followed to get rid of the issue to a certain extent.
- 1 The Freezing of ASUS Touchpad
- 2 10 Ways to Fix ASUS Touchpad not Working
- 2.1 Method #1 Check if the Touchpad is Enabled
- 2.2 Method #2 Utilize the Troubleshooter
- 2.3 Method #3 Uninstall all the Divers
- 2.4 Method #4 Refresh the Existing Drivers Manually
- 2.5 Method #5 Update Drivers using Windows
- 2.6 Method #6 The Power Button might be Turned Off
- 2.7 Method #7 Are the Drivers Corrupt?
- 2.8 Method #8 Change the Device Setting to their Existing Versions
- 2.9 Method #9 Try Driver Support Software
- 2.10 Method #10 Accept the Failure of the Touchpad to not Work Properly
- 3 Conclusion