Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect: Once in a while, Something may not experience the correct way. Thus, you may experience different errors in your windows system. You may confront issues while opening any of your current introduced programs. One of the most widely recognized blunders is one next to the other arrangement issue.
It generally happens when you attempt to enter or open any vast programming like AutoCAD, Office, and so on. You might need to fix one next to the other setup mistake without anyone else’s input. Be that as it may, If you don’t comprehend this issue in subtleties, It will be more diligently to determine.
Roots of the Side by Side Configuration Error While Launching a Program
Commonly, Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect error happens when there is a contention between the program you need to introduce and any records of the C++ library. This library is a centerpiece of Windows and accompanies it as a matter of course. In this way, The clients who update their working system consistently have fewer chances to face the issue. Else, Corrupted installer document can be another reason.
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Ways to Fix Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect in Windows 10
- 1.1 Method #1 Switch Installer
- 1.2 Method #2 Relaunch the Program
- 1.3 Method #3 Reinstall Microsoft Packages
- 1.4 Method #4 Check the System
- 1.5 Method #5 Remove everything and Reset
- 1.6 Method #6 Refresh the NET Framework
- 1.7 Method #7 Use Assistance by the Troubleshooter
- 1.8 Method #8 System Might be Missing the Correct C++ Runtime Components
- 1.9 Method #9 Try the System Restore
- 1.10 Method #10 Repair the Windows
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
10 Ways to Fix Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect in Windows 10
Here are the 10 proven ways to eradicate the error,
Method #1 Switch Installer
While you attempt to introduce a program and this kind of error, it is conceivable the installer or establishment bundle is tainted. For this situation, you ought to download the right installer to set up the program.
You can download its most recent variant from the program’s legitimate site. At that point give introducing it a shot your PC. On the off chance that the error originated from the first installer, you won’t see it now.
Method #2 Relaunch the Program
If the error happens when you are propelling a program, the program might be ruined. Reinstalling the program having the issue is useful for fixing your concern. To do as such:
- Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to the Run box on the keyboard. Type “control” and press Enter and open the Control Panel.
- Select all the large icons in the View by drop-down option: select Programs and Features. Right-click the program with an issue and click on Uninstall.
- Download the most recent version of your program from its official site and install it on your PC. Now, Launch your application and check whether this fixes the error.
Method #3 Reinstall Microsoft Packages
The error was indicating that “side by side configuration is incorrect” may happen because the Visual C++ Runtime on your PC is undermined or missing. Reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages on your PC can enable you to reestablish the ruined or missing Runtime. To do as such:
- Click on the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to the Run box and type “control” followed by pressing Enter to open Control Panel. From there, select Large symbols in the View by drop-down option and select Programs and Features.
- Delete each Visual C++ Redistributable by right-clicking on every one of the programs entitled “Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Redistributable” and after that click on Uninstall.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Visual C++ downloads site and download the programs that are uninstalled. At that point, install them on your PC.
Method #4 Check the System
The error may likewise happen because there are tainted framework documents on your Windows 10 framework. Run some framework checks to examine the PC and play out a fix. To do as such:
- In the Start menu at the base left of the screen, at that point type “cmd.” Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator.”
- Type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter. Wait for the scanning and verify whether the error is no more.
- If the issue perseveres, return to Command Prompt, and after that type “DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-picture/Restorehealth” and click Enter.
- Wait until the process finishes. At that point, verify whether this fixes the error.
Method #5 Remove everything and Reset
Reset the Windows and remove all the files and programs in the system. But do remember to create a backup of all the essential data and transfer them into a safe file/system. To remove everything and reset, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu at the bottom left of the screen and then click on Settings.
- Navigate to Update and Security and look for the option saying “Remove everything.”
- Now, Wait for some time so that the whole system to complete the entire resetting procedure.
- Install and launch the program that caused the error. If this method works, you won’t see the error anymore.
Method #6 Refresh the NET Framework
If nothing works, update your .NET framework from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22
Still, If it didn’t solve the problem, then you can update to the latest Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6.2. The link is as follows:
Method #7 Use Assistance by the Troubleshooter
If you are not able to solve Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect error with the solutions given above, then you need to run Microsoft Troubleshooting Assistant who will try to fix the issue. You have to go to Microsoft Official Website and download the file.
Website Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in
Method #8 System Might be Missing the Correct C++ Runtime Components
To do this, first, you have to go to the Command Prompt with administrator benefit. For this,
- Press Windows Key + X and pick the Command Prompt.
- After opening the window, you have to run the order given beneath. Type them cautiously in the direction box, and press enter to begin to follow mode: SxsTrace Trace – logfileSxsTrace.etl
- Presently don’t exit from the command window, but run the application which is demonstrating the side-by-side configuration error, press OK and close the error pop-up box. Again explore to the order window and press Enter key which will stop the track mode.
- Now you have to change over the dumped document into a readable file, with the assistance of underneath given the command and utilize the sxstrace apparatus. Run the given direction: sxstrace Parse – logfile:SxSTrace.ETL – outfile:SxSTrace.txt. This will change over the document and spare into C:\Windows\system32\ registry.
- Again open the run dialogue by clicking on Windows Key + R, and type the following in the Run box followed by hitting Enter: %windir%\system32\SxSTrace.txt
- This command will lead to the SxSTrace.txt file, and you can see all the data about the error.
- Now you can search which C++ runtime library is absent or required for which you have to install a specific version according to your system.
Method #9 Try the System Restore
Restore the system to fix Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect error by following step by step:
- Press Windows Key + R and type”sysdm.cpl” followed by hitting enter. Now look for System Protection tab and pick System Restore.
- Click on Next to pick the ideal System Restore point and follow on-screen guidance to finish reestablishment of system.
- If system restore fails then boot your Windows into safe mode then again try to run a system restore.
Method #10 Repair the Windows
This technique is the final retreat in such a case that nothing works out, then this strategy will fix all issues with your PC. Setting the Install uses a setup move up to repairing problems with the system without erasing client information present on the PC.
How to fix Visual C++ side by side not working?
Find all the Visual C++ Redistributable items, click Update. Or if you do not want to update one by one, you select all and click Update Now. After that, when you reopen the applications such as Steam, Spotify, Google Chrome, etc, the side by side configuration will correct.
How to fix side-by-side configuration is incorrect?
to resolve the issue entirely redownload the installer files or follow this step by step guide.
Do you often notice that your Windows 10 is showing “side by side configuration is incorrect” error frequently when you are executing applications? Indeed you are not alone because “side-by-side configuration is incorrect” error is packs of Windows 10 users from and withdrawing them from running a particular app. In some cases, users also encounter this error when launching, installing or uninstalling a specific program. Above mentioned are some solutions and tips to fix the “application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is an incorrect” problem in windows.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂