Epson error code 0x97 notifies an issue with your Epson printer. Generally, it appears on the printer’s LED screen. Most of the time, the error occurs while printing is in progress. Then printing stops completely
In the majority of the cases, this error is caused due to hardware issues. There are several methods below to help you counter this problem. Read on.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
- 1.1 Method 1: Disconnect and reconnect the printer, remove jammed paper
- 1.2 Method 2: An alternative method to turn your printer off and on
- 1.3 Method 3: Clean all the clogged Epson printer nozzles
- 1.4 Method 4: Use Windows Printer troubleshooter and install missing drivers
- 1.5 Method 5: Contact the manufacturer of your printer
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
Method #0 Use Restoro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Method 1: Disconnect and reconnect the printer, remove jammed paper
Before you proceed with this method, you require some technical knowledge. This knowledge includes how to open your printer and then use it. If you are not sure of the know-how, refer to the manual you got with the printer. It should be given in the cartridge box in which the printer arrived. It will provide you with all the details regarding its operation.
Now moving on to the solution to eliminate Epson Printer error code 0x97, follow the steps below:
1. To begin with, the method, cancel all the printer jobs. Check the list of all jobs ascertained for printing. Cancel all of them.
2. Then open the casing of the printer. Check for any jammed papers or debris stuck within the printer. If you find any of such, remove all of them.
3. Afterward, Unplug all the USB cables and any other kinds of cables plugged into your printer. You need to make sure that you disconnect the printer from the PC as well.
4. Then remove all the printing cartridges.
5. When the printer is disconnected, press the power button on it as if you were trying to turn on the printer. What this does is discharge any residual current in the printer.
6. Now reconnect all the USBs and the power cables. Also, reinsert the printing cartridges.
7. Connect the printer to the computer. Reload the papers and try printing any random document. Finally, check if you still get the Epson error code 0x97.
See Also: 4 Ways to Fix Laptop Sound Not Working
Method 2: An alternative method to turn your printer off and on
The process mentioned here is a variation of the previous method. If the method above did not work for you, you could try this method to rectify the Epson error code 0x97. You can check if the error is caused by the failure of some internal hardware. Now follow the steps given below to perform this method:
1. At First, press the Power button on your printer. This will turn it off.
2. Then remove all the cables which are attached to your printer.
3. Afterward, wait for at least five minutes. Don’t do anything during this time duration.
4. Then push down the Power button and keep holding on to it for one minute.
5. While you keep on pressing the power button, plug the power cable into the printer at the same time. You can find someone else to help you perform this step.
6. After you have plugged in the cable into your printer, keep on pressing the Power button. Do it for at least another additional minute. When the time duration passes, release the button.
7. After you are done with it, connect your printer to the computer.
8. Plug in all the additional cables which you have unplugged from your printer previously.
9. Now try printing any random document. Finally, check if you still receive the Epson error code 0x97.
Method 3: Clean all the clogged Epson printer nozzles
Sometimes, the Epson error code 0x97 can be caused due to waste ink around the head sprayer. So simply cleaning these head nozzles can help in fixing the problem. Below are given the steps that will guide you through the cleaning procedure.
Also, note that this method requires a bit of technical knowledge. If you are unsure of what you should do, please refer to the manual that you received with the printer itself.
1. First of all, turn off your printer.
2. Then unplug the printer from the power source as well as your PC.
3. After that, open the casing of your printer.
4. Take a piece of paper towel. Fold it in such a way that it can fit below the printer head.
5. Now wet this piece of towel with any head cleaning fluid that contains ammonia.
6. When you have soaked the towel in the fluid correctly, place it in the center of the track. This is where the printer head moves.
7. Now position the head of the printer to the center. Afterward, take note that the soaked towel should be under the head. Then leave it in this condition for twelve hours.
Feeling Tired: Check Out These amazing ways to reduce tension.
8. After twelve hours have passed, remove the towel and close everything.
Finally, try printing any document. See if you still get the Epson error code 0x97. In case it fails, you can repeat the method.
You may also like –
Method 4: Use Windows Printer troubleshooter and install missing drivers
In some cases, the Windows printer troubleshooter can help you fix the problem. Follow these steps:
1. At First, download the Windows Printer troubleshooter from this link: http://aka.ms/diag_printer10
2. Then run the executable program and see which error is detected by it.
3. Next, you install all the missing printer drivers.
4. For this, first, right-click the Windows menu icon. Then select Device Manager.
5. Within the newly open window, go to Printers.
6. Find the printer which you are having issues with. Finally, right-click on it and then choose the Update Driver option.
After the wizard performs the driver updates, check if the error persists.
Method 5: Contact the manufacturer of your printer
Motherboard failure in your printer can also cause the Epson error code 0x97. In this case, you need to contact the manufacturer of the printer directly. The professionals will help you out.
These were all the methods to help you tackle the error. Hopefully either of these works for you.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂