See also: 10 Ways To Fix Discord Won’t Open Error
Table of Contents
- 2.2 Delete AppData
- 2.3 Check the PC’s Antivirus
- 2.5 Take Away Administrator Privileges From Discord
- 2.6 Change Startup Type of Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service
- 3 Conclusion
Method #0 Use Restoro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
The first and foremost, and can be called the most effective way to resolve the error, is to uninstall the Discord application from the computer and then reinstall the app.
- If the app works correctly after reinstalling, then it implies that the corrupting files, which were interrupting the app to run, remove when the application is uninstalled in the first place.
- To uninstall the app, we have to go to the Windows settings or control panel.
- We have to go to the Apps and Feature option, where we will find the Discord application. Then uninstall the program.
- Once the uninstalling process is completed, we can go to a website and download the Windows app’s latest version.
The Discord desktop app has all kinds of files included in it. It includes configuration settings, usage logs, cached thumbnails, and other data to open the app and reload quickly. However, if all these data are corrupt, then the main application, Discord, may stop working. If one deletes Discord’s AppData folder, it will help regenerate the Discord configuration and make it run properly.
- To delete the AppData folder, the first one has to open the navigation bar at the top and type a specific function ‘%appdata% and then Enter Key is pressed.
- It takes us to the AppData folder, and from there, we search for the Discord app folder. Once we have found our desired app folder, we have to click on it, and the option “Delete” appears.
- Click Delete, the files are delete and moves to the recycle bin.
- Then, by going to the recycling bin, we have to select it and empty the recycling bin to remove the files from the PC.
Check the PC’s Antivirus
Another way to correct the fatal error is to check whether the PC’s antivirus is blocking the Discord App’s efficiency.
- Since each Discord AppData is temporary, we have to run the updated program to see whether the Discord app installs automatically.
- Still, if the problem stays, one has to check the antivirus settings and “allow” the Discord app.
- Right-click on the Avast symbol and select Open Avast UI choice from the rundown.
- Go to the Protection segment and snap on the Virus Chest.
- Presently, you can see the records isolated by the Avast. Here find the documents related to Discord.
- When you found the documents, click on the three spots, select the Restore and add an exemption from the rundown.
- Do likewise with all the isolated Discord records.
- To ensure no such issues occur with the Discord, later on, add the Discord executable arrangement envelope to the Avasts exemption list. By doing this, you will disclose to Avast that the Discord establishment records are not unsafe to the framework.
- Along these lines, here are the means:
- Open the Avast by following the means referenced previously.
- Go to the Menu choice given on the upper right corner of the Avast window.
- Presently, select the Settings starting from the drop list.
- Snap-on, the General.
- Under the General segment, select the Exceptions alternative.
- Snap-on the Add Exception and peruse the area of the envelope that contains the Discord installer.
- Disagreement blunder on Windows 10
- Then, click on the Add Exception.
- Relaunch the Discord arrangement.
- Press Windows + R key together, type Tasker, and click on the OK catch.
- Find and select Discord in the Task Manager and snap on the End Task button.
- Press Windows + R key, type control board, and snap on the OK catch.
- In the Control Panel, click on the Uninstall a Program.
- Find Discord in the rundown, select it and snap on the Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the Discord, go to the Local Data and App Data envelopes. Erase Discord from both of the organizers.
- Press Windows + X key and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the rundown.
- In the Command Prompt, type this order and press the Enter key:
- Stand by until the cycle is over, close the Command Prompt.
Take Away Administrator Privileges From Discord
- Here are the means you need to follow to do this:
- Find the Discord executable and right-click on it, and select Properties from the menu.
- Dissension Properties
- Change to the Compatibility tab and uncheck the check box offered close to the Run this program as an executive.
- Snap-on the OK catch.
- Run strife as chairman
- Finally, restart your PC.
Change Startup Type of Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service
- On the off chance that you additionally need to check out to this stunt, at that point, adhere to these directions:
- Press Windows + R key to dispatch the Run utility.
- In the Run text field, type services.msc and click on the OK catch.
- Fix dissension issues
- In the Services window, discover the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience administration. At that point, right-click on it and select the Properties alternative from the menu.
- Strife issues on Windows 10
- If the Service status indicates begun, click on the Stop catch to stop the assistance, and click on the Start catch to commence it once more.
- Presently, ensure the Startup type is Automatic. If it isn’t, at that point, click on the drop-down rundown and select the Automatic choice from the rundown.
- Quality Windows Audio Video Experience
- Snap-on the Apply and OK catch.
See also: 5 Ways to Fix Origin Won’t Open Error
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.