Xbox live party is an application that helps the user to invite, connect and communicate with a maximum number of seven people while playing games or watching movies together. However, people have been receiving an error Xbox app party chat not working.
You can use Xbox party on your pc as well by following the given steps:
- At the end of the game bar, you will see a button named “Social.” It would help if you pressed this button widget to view your friend’s list.
- Right-click on the friend’s name from the friend’s list with whom you wish to connect. Then click on the option termed “Join Party.”
- You will be successfully entered the party with your friend.
Table of Contents
Here are 4 Easy Ways to Solve Your Problem
Now, in case your Xbox party doesn’t work on the PC,
Check Your Network Connection
Let’s start with troubleshooting the link.
The Xbox app is defective in a huge number of many respects, and these kinds of issues and errors are not uncommon. Even though your network is working as expected, you can face various issues. Either way, we’re going to check the network issue still and remove potential connection problems with the Xbox app party chat not working.
Check the following network connection troubleshooting steps:
- Flush your DNS
- Disable IPv4
- Restart your PC as well as your internet router.
- Disable any VPN or proxy that you might be using.
- You can also check the status of your Xbox party services.
Download the Teredo Adapter
This solution has turned out to be the top and most famous solution to solve the problem in your Xbox live party. Many Xbox live party users have successfully resolved their issues of Xbox app party chat not working by using the Microsoft Teredo Adapter.
Although very useful, it is not installed on your PC by default. Therefore, you will need to enable as well as install the driver. Follow these steps to enable the Teredo Adapter:
- Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the start menu.
- Press “view in the main bar” and then select the option termed “show hidden devices.”
- Now, look for “Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface” in the hidden network devices.
- If you are unable to find and locate it, click on “Add legacy hardware.”
- Click Next.
- Now, select the option “Install the hardware that was manually selected from the list (Advanced)” and then click on next.
- Choose the network adapter from the list.
- Click Next and select Microsoft.
- Select “Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter” from the list.
- Click on the install to install the adapter.
- Lastly, Restart your computer.
Reset the Xbox App
You will not be able to uninstall the Xbox Application. But you can easily reset and restore it to the default factory settings. Doing this will delete all the stored cache files, and will all the minor bugs and issues will be fixed. These minor bugs are very common in Xbox live parties. After resetting the application, could you update it?
Follow the given steps to reset the Xbox app on Windows 10 PC:
- Open the settings in the Xbox Application.
- Choose the option- “Apps.”
- Find the Xbox app, which is located under the Apps & Features option, and expand it.
- Press “Advanced options.”
- Click Reset.
- This will successfully reset your app and fix any minor bugs that may be causing the Xbox app party chat not to work.
- Restart the app and the associated services
Many users who use the Xbox party feature to stream solve their issues by shutting down and restarting the application and the associated services.
The app sometimes tends to stop its services automatically, even though it comes pre-installed on Windows 10. These services that might stop are IP Helper and Xbox Live Networking Service.
By following the steps, you will be able to solve the Xbox app party chat not working:
- If the Xbox app is running on your PC, then close it.
- Type “Services” and open it in the windows search bar.
- Look for “Xbox Live Networking Service” and right-click on it.
- Then, choose the “restart” option from the contextual menu.
- Follow the same steps for IP Helper Service.
- Open the Xbox app again, and it should resolve the error of Xbox app party chat not working.
This article will help the Xbox Live Party App users resolve any problem that may occur while using the application on their PC. This article will provide you with four easy step-by-step solutions to resolve the Xbox app party chat not working error.