Player Unknown’s Battleground, or PUBG, is one of the gaming community’s most famous battle royale games. It is played on computers and mobiles and has up to a million gamers. After the success of PUBG, a free-to-play game, the Lite version of PUBG was launched in July 2016.
This issue can be fixed Using A VPN and Setting the Correct Time Zone on your Device. Although it was not available in all regions, the problem with PUBG lite is also prevalent among players in suitable regions. Players reported that when logging in to the game or after finishing a match, they got the following message. “PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region.”
This can be highly annoying and frustrating for players within suitable locations. Now the question arises as to why this is happening. There’s no answer, but it can depend on your current location, internet settings, other installed programs, device settings, etc. It also implies the computer cannot connect to your area region.
See also: Failed To Initialize Steam Error in PUBG
Table of Contents
- 1 Easy Ways to Fix PUBG Lite is Unavailable in Your Region
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Why am I getting the message 'PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region' when I try to access the game?
- 2.2 How can I fix the 'PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region' error?
- 2.3 Are there any precautions to avoid location restrictions when using a VPN?
- 2.4 What to do if the 'PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region' error continues even with a VPN?
- 3 Conclusion
PUBG Lite allows players to play with low-end specifications free of cost on their devices. The full version of the game costs $29.99 otherwise. One of the biggest cons of PUBG Lite is that it is unavailable in all countries. Overcoming this limitation is a work in progress. While many gamers enjoyed PUBG Lite, players started reporting a new problem regarding the unavailability of PUBG Lite in their region. Thus, there are various ways to fix this region unavailability error, and the answers are as follows,
One of the most common reasons for the PUBG Lite being unavailable in your region error is your device’s inability to connect to the game’s servers. While there might be different reasons for this, the first thing you must ensure is that you are not in a geo-restricted area where the game is unavailable. If you are, do not worry, it can easily be solved using a VPN.
VPN, also known as Virtual Private Network, is an online tool that can easily bypass geo-restrictions and mask your presence online.This means that no party will be able to know your location or who you are. Unfortunately, not all VPNs serve this purpose, and most free versions put ads and collect user information, which is entirely against the objective of a VPN.
Some of the VPNs which can be used for PUBG Lite are mentioned below:
- Hotspot Shield
Checking Time and Date Settings
Time and date settings, if set incorrectly, can cause a variety of issues, including errors in games. To fix the PUBG Lite that is unavailable in your region, change the time and date settings.
The steps to change the time and date settings are as follows:
- Right-click “time/date” from the system tray at the right corner of the taskbar. Select “Adjust time/date.” Enable the “Set time automatically” and “Set time zone automatically” options.
Allowing Applications to Access the Location
If you’re in a region/country supported by PUBG Lite’s servers, then PUBG Lite needs access to your location to play the game without any trouble. Without letting PUBG Lite access your location, changing time and date settings would not be helpful. To allow PUBG Lite to access your location, the steps are as follows:
- Right-click on the “Start” icon and click on “Settings.” 2. In the settings window, click on “Privacy.” Click on “Location” from the left side menu under “App permissions.” Now on the right side of the window, scroll down to “Location.”
Enable the “Allow apps to access your location” option. If not, click on the on/off bar below.
Note: Ensure that your access location settings are enabled as mentioned above before/after changing the time and date settings, as if any one of the settings are not enabled, changing the other would not make the game work, or the error PUBG lite is unavailable in your region go.
Rebooting the Router
The PUBG lite is unavailable in your region error can be related to your router’s IP settings. By default, a dynamic IP is present for every user, occasionally changing from time to time. This change may cause the “PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region” error to arise due to mismatches in some geo-locations. The easiest way to fix this is to restart the router to prevent the geo-location mismatch error resolves. The steps to reboot the router are as follows:
- Firstly, you will need to locate your router.
- Ensure that you do not press the “Reset” button, as it could reset the router settings in your device to factory settings. If that happens, reconfigure the router settings again.
- Instead, stop the power by either taking the power plug out of the router or disconnecting the router from the power socket.
- Wait for around 2 minutes before connecting your router to power again.
- Lastly, wait for your device to connect to the Wifi network and check if that has resolved the PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region error.
The error message 'PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region' usually appears when players from specific locations try to get to the game. Yet are confined because of geological restrictions. The game engineers or distributors might force this limitation to conform to local guidelines or control server loads.
To fix the 'PUBG Lite is not available in your region' error, use a virtual private network (VPN) to bypass geo-restrictions. Connect to a VPN server in a region where PUBG Lite is available, launch the game, disconnect the VPN connection, and you can usually play.
Are there any precautions to avoid location restrictions when using a VPN?
While a VPN can be a powerful arrangement, practicing caution is significant. Pick a genuine VPN administration that offers servers in locations where PUBG Light is accessible. Furthermore, remember that a few games and administrations deny the use of VPNs.
Several factors could be contributing if you're using a VPN and the error persists. It is believed that the game developer has updated the server limit. Using more modern technology, they can also detect VPN usage.
So these were our solutions to the problem of PUBG lite being unavailable in your region. Hope this article helped solve your issue.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.