Player Unknown’s Battleground, in short, known as PUBG, is one of the most popular battle royale games in the gaming community. It is played on both computers and mobiles and has up to a million gamers. After the success of PUBG, a free-to-play game, the Lite version of PUBG was launched in July 2016. PUBG Lite allows players to play with low-end specifications and free of cost on their device. The full version of the game costs $29.99 otherwise. One of the biggest cons of PUBG Lite is that it is not available in all countries. To overcome this limitation is a work in progress. While PUBG Lite was enjoyed by many gamers, players started reporting a new problem regarding the unavailability of PUBG lite in their region.
Although it was not available in all regions, the problem with PUBG lite is also prevalent among players who are in suitable regions. Players reported that when logging in to the game or after finishing a match, they got the following message:
“PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region.”
This can be extremely annoying and frustrating for players who are within eligible locations. Now the question arises as to why this is happening. There’s no one answer, but it can depend on your current location, internet settings, other installed programs, device settings, etc. It also implies the computer cannot connect to your area region.
See also: Failed To Initialize Steam Error in PUBG
Table of Contents
Thus, there are various ways to fix this region unavailability error, and the answers are as follows,
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
One of the most common reasons for the PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region error is your device not being able to connect to the game’s servers. While there might be different reasons for this, the first thing you will need to ensure is that you are not in a geo-restricted area where the game is not available. If you are, do not worry, it can easily be solved by using a VPN.
VPN, also known as Virtual Private Network, is an online tool that can easily bypass geo-restrictions and mask your presence online.
This means that no party will be able to know your location or who you are. Unfortunately, not all VPN serve this purpose, and most free versions put ads and collect user information, which is completely against the objective of a VPN.
Some of the VPNs which can be used for PUBG Lite are mentioned below:
- Hotspot Shield
Checking Time and Date Settings
Time and date settings, if set incorrectly, can cause a variety of issues, including errors in games. To fix the PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region error change the time and date settings.
The steps to change the time and date settings are as follows:
- Right-click on “time/date” from the system tray, located at the right corner of the taskbar.
- Select “Adjust time/date.”
- Enable the “Set time automatically” and “Set time zone automatically” options.
- Click on “Sync Now.”
- Enable the “Adjust for daylight saving time automatically” option.
- Restart your desktop/laptop. Check if the PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region is gone.
Allowing Applications to Access Location
If you’re in a region/country supported by PUBG Lite’s servers, then PUBG Lite needs access to your location for playing the game without any trouble. Without letting PUBG Lite access your location, changing time and date settings would not be of any use. To allow PUBG Lite to access your location, the steps are as follows:
- Right-click on the “Start” icon and click on “Settings.”
- In the settings window, click on “Privacy.”
- Click on “Location” from the left side menu under “App permissions.”
- Now on the right side of the window, scroll down to “Location.”
- Enable the “Allow apps to access your location” option. If not, click on the on/off bar below.
Note: Ensure that your access location settings are enabled as mentioned above before/after changing the time and date settings, as if any one of the settings are not enabled, changing the other would not make the game work, or the error PUBG lite is unavailable in your region go.
Rebooting the Router
The PUBG lite is unavailable in your region error can be related to your router’s IP settings. By default, a dynamic IP is present for every user, occasionally changing from time to time. In some cases, this change may cause the “PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region” error to arise due to mismatches in some geo-locations. The easiest way to fix this is to restart the router to prevent the geo-location mismatch error resolves. The steps to reboot the router are as follows:
- Firstly, you will need to locate your router.
- Ensure that you do not press the “Reset” button as it could reset the router settings in your device to factory settings. If that happens, reconfigure the router settings again.
- Instead, stop the power by either taking the power plug out of the router or disconnect the router from the power socket.
- Wait for around 2 minutes before connecting your router to power again.
- Lastly, wait for your device to connect to the Wifi network and check if that has resolved the PUBG Lite is unavailable in your region error.
So these were our solutions to the problem of PUBG lite being unavailable in your region. Hope this article helped solve your issue.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.