d3dx9_43.dll is Missing is a prevalent issue among the missing dll files. But don’t worry, as 6 Ways to Fix d3dx9_43.dll is Missing. After following one of these ways, you can overcome this problem. If you have been gaming on computers for a long, you must have come across the dll file as a missing issue at some point in time. Some users can fix the issue independently, but most cannot. This article is for them. Such terrible problems are just some bugs which do not fix.
The missing d3dx9_43.dll file is a common issue for Windows operating system users. To fix it, users should download and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and install the latest version of DirectX. If nothing works, users can copy the d3dx9_43.dll file from their friends’ PC.
We have discussed various ways to fix this issue, and it will prove to be helpful to you.
What Is A dll File?
The answer to the question of dll files is that they are only executable files that are not executed directly. They need to be registered with an executable file to be executed. While the extension .dll is common, the file issues with .ocx extensions can fix this way as well. The term dll is an acronym for Dynamic Link Library, and the files are used for running several programs, mainly games. Programs share these files, and thus, they may be misplaced.
Causes of D3dx9_43.Dll Is Missing issue
There are several possible causes for a “D3dx9_43.dll is missing” error.
- The file has been terminated or corrupted. This can happen if the file becomes damaged or accidentally deleted.
- The game or application you are trying to run requires a newer version of the DirectX software, but you have an older version installed on your computer.
- Your computer lacks important Windows updates for the game or application to run correctly.
- There is a problem with the game or application installation, and the necessary files need to be installed properly.
- A computer registry problem prevents the game or application from accessing the required files.
How To Fix The d3dx9_43.dll Missing Issue?
When a user comes across a message such as A program could not be started because the d3dx9_43.dll file is missing or sometimes the file d3dx9_43.dll cannot be found, it seems to him that he is dealing with some mammoth issue. But in reality, he is not.
The message may vary from system to system, but the fixes for the issue are the same. The methods you can use to fix the d3dx9_43.dll that is missing in Windows 10 issue have been discussed below.
Method 1: Download the required file and put it in the specified location manually
Most of the time, while deleting specific unwanted files from the system, we delete the file manually or even by some third-party software. Thus, it shows up the error that the d3dx9_43.dll file is missing. Therefore, the best way to fix this issue is to download the file from the internet and paste it simply. The location where the d3dx9_43.dll file is required is the System drive, i.e., the drive in which your Operating System has been installed. In most computers, C Drive is the System drive. The approximate path to the file location is
C:\ Windows\ System32\
For 64-bit systems, the System64 folder will be present. Download the file from a trusted source and paste it into the specified folder. Then restart the computer system, and the d3dx9_43.dll is a missing issue that is likely to fix.
See Also: How to Run Chkdsk In Windows 10 (3 Ways)
Method 2: Download and Install DirectX on your computer system
The d3dx9_43.dll file is a part of the DirectX Software collection and helps update the programs without having to rewrite and recheck the code. Thus, if you are getting a d3dx9_43.dll file missing a message, then it is entirely possible that you do not have DirectX software installed, or if installed, it is obsolete. The steps to check this information are as follows:
1. At First, Open the Run Command by using the combination of Windows Key + R. Type in the box, dxdiag, and press the Enter Key.
2. You will see a dialog box containing information regarding the DirectX version. If found obsolete, install the latest version from the Windows website. Restart the computer system, and the issue shall be fixed.
If you still have the d3dx9_43.dll file missing issue unfixed, look at the other methods discussed below.
Method 3: Check for the Registration of the dll file
If you use programs from untrusted sources or have malicious programs on your system, then you should use this method to fix the d3dx9_43.dll issue. Some programs might have de-registered the file, and that could be causing the issue. To register the file, follow the steps below:
1. At First, Open the Search window by using the combination of Windows Key + S. Type cmd and open the Command Window as an Administrator.
2. Type the following Command in the Command Window:
3. Finally, Restart the computer system.
This method will fix the d3dx9_43.dll file missing issue. But, if that does not happen, you can manually de-register and re-register the file. To de-register the file, type regsvr32/u d3dx9_43.dll command. It is important to note that, on a 64-bit Operating System, the command might have a slight change.
Method 4: Perform an sfc scan
If the methods above have not worked, you might try scanning your system files. To do that, follow these steps:
1. At First, Open the Command Window as an Administrator.
2. Type the sfc/scannow command and press the Enter Key.
3. Wait for the scanning to be complete. Finally, Restart the system.
After the scan of the system files has been done, the d3dx9_43 is a missing issue and should not pop out. But if it does, try the methods discussed below.
Method 5: Update Video Card Driver
Sometimes, the video card drivers are obsolete, and hence they cause several issues while running a program.
Thus, updating drivers might fix the issue as updates are with bug fixes and better features.
Method 6: Reinstall the Program
If the d3dx9_43.dll in Windows 10 is a missing issue for a particular program, then there is some issue with that specific program.
Thus, uninstalling and then reinstalling the program might fix it.
Take the d3dx9 43.dll file from your friends’ computers.
Sadly, if none of the two techniques above work, you can copy the d3dx9 43.dll file from a computer that uses the same version of Windows as you do.
Part 1: Determine the Windows system type on your PC and locate a machine that utilizes it.
Here’s how to determine a computer’s Windows operating system:
- Pressing the Windows logo key on your keyboard will appear in the Search box.
- After entering “system information,” choose it from the results list. The computer’s system type should then be visible.
Part 2: From the PC that is working, copy the d3dx9 43.dll file and then paste it on the problematic machine.
The location of the dll file is as follows:
- Press the Windows logo key and E simultaneously on the keyboard of the machine in use to launch File Explorer.
- Type d3dx9 43.dll into C: WindowsSystem32 and hit Enter. If it yields no results, try searching for d3dx9 43.dll under C: WindowsSysWOW64.
- Copy and paste The d3dx9 43.dll file into the same spot on your problematic PC.
Why d3dx9_dll is not working?
The program can`t start because d3dx9_dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Well I reinstalled it like 5 times and it still did not fix the problem. How come? Help. This thread is locked.
Why the program can't start?
The program can’t start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
What is the d3dx 43 dll?
One DLL file in the Microsoft DirectX software library is the d3dx11 43. dll file. Therefore, problems with D3dx11 43. dll, are in some way related to a DirectX problem. Most Windows-based games and sophisticated graphics applications use DirectX, therefore d3dx11 43
How do you solve the missing d3dx9 43 dll error that prevents an application from starting?
The application might be reinstalled to address this issue. d3dx9 43. dll either has an issue or isn't intended to operate on Windows. For help, get in touch with your system administrator or the software developer, or try reinstalling the program with the original installation disc.
Why doesn't d3dx9 43 dll exist?
Install DirectX again. If you still need to install the required version of DirectX, you may frequently see the d3dx9 43. dll does not find the problem message. Launch the DirectX setup file with the game you're trying to run if you're encountering this difficulty.
These were the methods to fix the d3dx9_43.dll file missing issue. The methods will fix the issue for sure. If they are not helping you, you should wait for an update on the program to get that fixed.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.