DNS is the Domain Name Server that helps in the loading of web pages from the host. Sometimes your Browser might show you dns_probe_finished_no_internet DNS errors and will not be able to connect to the host. It may happen due to a slow internet connection or due to some other browsing issues.
The DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Windows 10 error occurs due to the failure of the DNS Cache Load and makes it impossible for you to access the Internet. It is a commonly occurring error in Google Chrome. Many users receive this error very frequently on their devices.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet in Google Chrome
- 1.1 Method 1. Change your Antivirus or Firewall Settings
- 1.2 Method 2. Use Command Prompt
- 1.3 Method 3. Reinstall your Browser
- 1.4 Method 4. Change DNS Address
- 1.5 Method 5. Disable DNS Prediction Services or Fix DNS Probe
- 1.6 Method 6. Clear the Cache of your browser
- 1.7 Method 7. Change Your IP Address Using Command Prompt
- 1.8 Method 8. Uninstall Web Monitoring or Any Filter Application
- 1.9 Method 9. Update your Drivers
- 1.10 Method 10. Try some Troubleshooting tips
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet in Google Chrome
Here are some methods that can be used to fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error in your Windows 7, 8, or 10 computers.
Method #0 Use Restoro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Method 1. Change your Antivirus or Firewall Settings
Sometimes all you need to do is to change your Antivirus and Firewall’s programming. Modifying them will help you to get rid of DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error. So follow the instructions:
1. At First, go to the start menu. In the search bar, type Windows Firewall. It will open different features.
2. Then the windows Firewall allows some programs and disallows others. So go to change settings and select the options.
3. If the Chrome browser is not allowed there, choose it and click on OK. If You Fix This it might increase your internet speed.
4. Finally, close the window now and restart your system.
Method 2. Use Command Prompt
You can also use the Command Prompt feature of your computer to fix the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error. Follow the steps:
1. At First, go to Start menu and type Command Prompt in the search box. Right-click on the Command Prompt, and it will display a list of options.
2. Then select Run as Administrator and then Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Afterward, write “netsh winsock reset” there. Press enter.
4. Now close the Command Prompt and reboot your system.
Method 3. Reinstall your Browser
To fix the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error, you need to reinstall your browser:
1. At First, click on start menu and then go to All Programs. Then click on Control Panel.
2. Then go to ‘Uninstall a Program’ and click on it.
3. Afterward, click on ‘Uninstall or change a Program’ and then select the Google Chrome entry and uninstall it.
4. Reinstall the browser by downloading it from the web.
Method 4. Change DNS Address
DNS is a Domain Name System that is an essential element of the Internet. It matches the names of any website that you want to open to numbers that consist of the website’s address. The DNS can be the cause of all your error problems so change the DNS by following the steps:
1. At First, go to the start menu and find the control panel there.
2. Then click on Network and Internet to open it.
3. Now choose Network and Sharing Center amongst the available options and Open it.
4. Afterward, find View Network status and Open it. Click on change adapter settings and then Right-click on your wireless connection and click on the Properties option.
5. Find the option Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on it to find the option Properties. Now click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
6. Relaunch your browser now.
Method 5. Disable DNS Prediction Services or Fix DNS Probe
1. At First, go to the settings of Google Chrome.
2. Then find and click on Advanced Settings.
3. Afterward, there will be an option ‘’Use Prediction Services to Load the Pages more Quickly.”
4. Now uncheck the box and restart the browser.
This will help you to fix dns_probe_finished_no_internet.
Method 6. Clear the Cache of your browser
You have to clear the cache of your browser once in a while so that it won’t stop working. So follow the given steps to clear your browsing data and to fix the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error:
1. At First, click on the settings tab of your Google Chrome browser. And also Find More Tools there and click on it. Now click on Clear Browsing Data.
2. Secondly, Close the browser and then relaunch it to run.
Method 7. Change Your IP Address Using Command Prompt
If using the Command Prompt method doesn’t work for you, then you can replace your IP Address by following these simple steps:
1. At First, go to Command Prompt and type “ipconfig /release.” Press Enter.
2. Then type “ipconfig /renew.” Press Enter again.
3. Afterward, remove the DNS by typing “ipconfig /flushdns.” Press Enter.
4. At last close, the Command Prompt window and reboot your system.
Method 8. Uninstall Web Monitoring or Any Filter Application
If you have installed any websites filter or web monitoring application on your computer, you must uninstall it to check if it was the cause of the problem. After disabling them, check if your Internet connection works now or not. And open the sites which were showing the error before.
Method 9. Update your Drivers
Old and Outdated drivers can cause the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error. So you must regularly update your drivers to the latest version. Follow the steps to update the drivers:
1. At First, go to Windows Type Device Manager, and click on it.
2. Then in the Device Manager window, find the Networks Adapters feature. The list of active adapters will be displayed and Right-click on the one which is active on your computer and select Update Driver Software. Try to reconnect to the Internet after this.
Method 10. Try some Troubleshooting tips
If you are still facing problems with your DNS and internet connection follow the steps to fix the problem:
1. At First, update your Network Driver.
2. Secondly, Then delete cookies, cache, and temporary browser files.
3. If the error is occurring only in Google Chrome, use a different browser. And if that browser works, Delete and reinstall Google Chrome to solve your problem.
See Also: –
In conclusion, So these were some frequently used and tried methods that will help you to fix the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error quickly. By following these steps, you can also be able to make your Internet connection work properly again in your browser.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂