Firstly, what is FFXIV? Final Fantasy XIV is an online video role-playing game which Square Enix develops. Due to its massiveness, it has become popular all around the world. This game is available on all platforms. By playing this game, you can explore with people all around the world. To play this particular game, you need to select a game server. People so often come across the fatal error ffxiv 90002. So, people usually search for ffxiv 90002 fix.
It provides you with the flexibility of using your game controller to play. Like any other game, it includes physical attacks, usage of weapon skills, magical attacks. So, it is like a battle play. It is a massively online role-playing game that provides for controlling of adventures avatar from any one of the five playable races.
People playing this game on Windows PC often get this error code 90002 stating “the loss of connection to the server.” At this point, you need a ffxiv 90002 fix to enjoy your game.
Table of Contents
What Causes this Error?
Even though your connection is on and if everything is fine, also you get this error. Due to its massive network performance, we do often get this error. The cause could be anything like the problem with your network connectivity, and if it is fine, there may be interruptions from your antivirus, or it could be with the device you are playing in.
The type of DNS also could be the major issue in getting this error code 90002.
The common cause of 90002 error could be:
- Inconsistency of TCP
- Enabling Large Send Offload
- Using unsupportive UPnP
How to Fix FFXIV 90002 Error?
One basic solution to this error is restarting the router. If the problem still persists, then you need to try these 4 ways for ffxiv 90002 fix. Let us check these below four fixes:
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
FIX 1: Disable Large Send Offload
Large Send Offload optimizes the network performance. With this, the player often gets the network disconnecting issue, so we need to disable this.
Follow the steps to disable large send offload:
- Step 1: Open the Run Window and type ncpa.cpl.
- Step 2: Select your current network and then right-click for properties.
- Step 3: You will get a pop-up window called Configure. Click on this and select the advance tab.
- Step 4: In properties, click Large Send Offload v2 IPV4 and then click disable. Repeat the process for Large Send Offload v2 IPV6 also.
- Step 5: To save the changes, click Ok.
FIX 2: Using Google DNS
To ffxiv 90002 fix error, we can change our DNS to Google DNS.
Here’s how you can change your DNS to Google DNS:
- Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Window key + R and typing ncpa.cpl. This will navigate you to the network connection.
- Step 2: Select your current network and then right-click TCP/IPV4 for its properties in the networking tab.
- Step 3: Click on Use the following DNS Server option and change the Preference DNS Server to 18.104.22.168 and Alternate DNS Server to 22.214.171.124 and then click OK.
- Step 4: Similarly, for TCP/IPV6 properties, change the Preference DNS Server to 2001:4860:4860:: 8888 and Alternate DNS Server to 2001:4860:4860:: 8844.
- Step 5: To save the changes, click ok.
If the problem is still not resolved, then try the below ffxiv 90002 fix.
FIX 3: Disable Antivirus and Firewall Temporarily
There is a major problem with the type of antivirus that we use. We aren’t aware of the problems created by antivirus. Certain third-party antivirus will often create this error. So, we can simply disable this antivirus and firewall temporarily.
After disabling if the problem still persists, then the only way to fix this error code is given below.
Follow the steps below to disable antivirus.
- Step-1: Open the Run window by pressing Window key + R and then type appwiz.cpl, which will navigate you to the programs menu.
- Step-2: Identify the antivirus which is creating an issue.
- Step-3: Once you find it choose the uninstall option.
FIX 4: Reinstall FFXIV
At first, uninstall the current FFXIV. To do this, go to the control panel, select view by Category, and then click on uninstall a program. After uninstalling the current program, reinstall FFXIV. This is a simple ffxiv 90002 fix and is bound to overcome the 90002 error.
After downloading, enroll for a subscription to play the game. FFXIV also offers a free trial which you can avail yourself of easily. So here were four ways for quick ffxiv 90002 fix. Hope this article helps you in fixing up the 90002 error of FFXIV. Enjoy playing your game of Final Fantasy XIV error-free now!
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂