Logitech Gaming Software is an application that allows you to customize Logitech gaming peripheral tools such as Logitech G gaming mouse, keyboards, and headsets. Nonetheless, recently, some Windows users have encountered difficulties with it. Several users, for instance, report a Logitech gaming software not opening error.
Later analyzing various posts on how to fix Logitech Gaming Software not opening error, I have paraphrased some effective solutions that could help you get rid of the issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Logitech Gaming Software Not Opening Error?
The Logitech error is very common, and moreover an easy fix. Try one of these 4 methods to let Logitech run smoothly. One of them is bound to work for you:
Restart the Logitech Gaming Process
Numerous users may report that after opening the Logitech process in Task Manager again, they can launch Logitech Gaming Software. So you can have a try:
- Step 1 – Open the Task Manager.
- Step 2 – Look for the Logitech Gaming Software or Lcore.exe process, which should be found right under Apps or Background Processes.
- Step 3 – Right-click on it and select the End task from the pop-up window.
- Step 4 – Double click the Logitech Gaming Software on your device and examine if the program can be launched as normal.
If this cannot fix the Logitech gaming software not opening issue, try one additional step: navigate to the Startup tab in Task Manager, find the Logitech Gaming entry, and right-click on it to select the Disable button.
Later maiming it from Startup, try re-launching the Logitech Gaming Software. This will surely solve the problem of Logitech gaming software not opening.
Run This Program in Compatibility Mode
If the software isn’t compatible with the Windows editions you installed, you may face Logitech Gaming Software not opening issue. You may try operating this program in compatibility mode, which might help you fix the problem.
- Step 1 – Right-click on the Logitech Gaming Software icon on your desktop, then select ‘Properties’ from the pop-up window.
- Step 2 – Switch to the Compatibility tab within the window and check the box next to the option. Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Step 3 – Click on the drop-down menu arrow and choose Windows 8 or whichever system you have.
- Step 4 – Click Apply and OK to allow the change.
Run Logitech Gaming Software as an Administrator
If Logitech Gaming Software lacks administrator permissions within the OS, it’s going to also fail to be opened. If this is often the rationale for the Logitech Gaming Software not opening issue, you’ll follow the steps below to run Logitech Gaming Software as an administrator.
- Step 1 – Right-click on the Logitech Gaming Software icon on your desktop, then select Properties from the pop-up window.
- Step 2 – Switch to the Compatibility tab within the window and check the box next to the choice. Run this program as an administrator.
- Step 3 – Click Apply and OK buttons to permit the change.
Accordingly, Logitech Gaming Software should commence with managerial privileges. Double-click the Logitech Gaming Software icon on your desktop and check if the software opens successfully.
Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
If all the above solutions don’t work, you’ve got no choice but to reinstall the Logitech Gaming Software, which should get rid of the problem of Logitech gaming software not opening. Heed the steps below to reinstall the Logitech Gaming Software on your computer now.
- Step 1 – First of all, press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to bring up the Run box. Type appwiz.cpl within the Run box and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Step 2 – Right-click on the Logitech Gaming Software within the list and choose Uninstall.
- Step 3 – Re-choose Logitech Gaming Software from the Internet. Then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
Hence you can try opening the Logitech Gaming Software after the reinstallation.
See Also: How to Connect an External HDD to a PS4
The above 4 methods are tried and tested to work efficiently. However, if none of the solutions work for you, you may be having a different problem. Thus, you must contact Logitech Support to diagnose and troubleshoot the particular issue. Rest assured, you will be able to enjoy your gaming night in no time!
See Also: Boost Your Mind with These Great Games