The DNS Address Could Not BE Found error is caused when Domain Name Server (DNS) is unable to resolve the IP address of the website. When you visit a site, then your browser contacts the DNS Server, but at times this DNS lookup can fail which can result in this error. And you won’t be able to visit any website if this error is not resolved.
There are only a few troubleshooting steps which can be very helpful in resolving this error. Following these steps can be the best way in which you can troubleshoot this issue and resolve the error.
But before you begin with them, there are a few prerequisites that you should fulfill. These are some necessary thing that you need before starting the troubleshooting on your server DNS address could not be found error.
- Make sure you that your Browsers Caches and Cookies are clear from your computer.
- Clear all the browsing data you have in Google Chrome.
- Remove any unnecessary Google Chrome extensions. They might be the cause of this issue.
- Make sure that you allow proper connection to Chrome through Windows Firewall.
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection on your computer.
- Make sure that you have created a restore point just in case something does not go well.
- 1 How to Fix DNS Address Could Not be Found
- 1.1 Method 1: Editing the Windows Host file
- 1.2 Method 2: Disable the Proxy Settings
- 1.3 Method 3: Using the Google DNS
- 1.4 Method 4: Clear the Internal DNS Cache
- 1.5 Method 5: Flush the DNS and Reset your TCP/IP
- 1.6 Method 6: Resetting Your Internet Settings
- 1.7 Method 7: Using the Google Chrome Cleanup Tool
- 1.8 Method 8: Reinstalling your Google Chrome Browser
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix DNS Address Could Not be Found
Method 1: Editing the Windows Host file
1. Press Windows Key + Q, a window will open then enter Notepad. Then right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
2. Click on the File option and then select Open.
3. Browse to the following location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
4. Afterwards, from the file type list, select All Files. Then select the hosts file and open.
5. Afterward, in notepad, delete everything in the hosts file after the last # (hashtag) sign.
6. Afterward, just navigate to File>>Save and Close notepad.
7. Finally, Restart your Computer and check whether the error is resolved.
Method 2: Disable the Proxy Settings
1. At First, press Windows Key + R and then type “msconfig” and click the OK button.
2. Then go to the Boot tab and check the Safe Boot option.
3. Afterward, click Apply and then hit OK.
4. Then restart your Computer.
5. After your computer is restarted, press the Windows Key + R again and then type inetcpl.cpl.
6. Then click OK. This will open the Internet properties and then navigate to the Connections tab.
7. Afterward, open LAN Settings.
8. Then uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN option and then click OK.
9. Afterward, open “msconfig” again and uncheck the Safe boot option. Now, just click Apply and press OK.
10. Finally, Restart your Computer. It may fix the DNS address could not be found an error.
Method 3: Using the Google DNS
1. At first, open the Control Panel and click on the Network and Internet option.
2. Then click on the Network and Sharing Center and open the Change adapter settings option.
3. Afterward, select your Wi-Fi or internet connection and then double click on it and open Properties.
4. Then select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and open Properties.
5. Afterwards, select the Use the following DNS server addresses option and type in the following Values:
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
6. Finally, close all the menu and settings, then check whether the error is resolved.
Method 4: Clear the Internal DNS Cache
1. At First, open the Google Chrome browser.
2. Then go into Incognito Mode. (Use CTRL+Shift+N)
3. Afterward enter the following address in the address bar and then press enter:
4. Afterwards, click the Clear host cache option and then restart your browser.
Method 5: Flush the DNS and Reset your TCP/IP
1. At First, Right-click on the Windows Button and then open the Command Prompt(Admin).
2. Then type in the following commands and press enter after each one.
3. Afterwards, open the Command Prompt (Admin) again and type the following commands and then hit enter after each one:
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
4. Then reboot your computer to apply these changes.
5. Flushing DNS is an effective method to resolve the DNS address could not be found.
Method 6: Resetting Your Internet Settings
1. Press the Windows Key + R and then type “inetcpl.cpl” and click OK to open the Internet Properties.
2. At first, Under the Internet, settings go to the Advanced tab.
3. Afterward, click on the Reset button and reset process will be completed soon.
4. To reset settings in Google Chrome open Chrome and go to Settings.
5. Then click on the Show Advanced settings option.
6. Then under the Reset settings section, click on Reset settings.
7. Finally, Reboot your computer and this will help you if you are unable to resolve the server’s DNS address.
Method 7: Using the Google Chrome Cleanup Tool
The Google Chrome Cleanup Tool helps to scan and remove potentially harmful software that may be the cause of the problem with your chrome browser.
The cleanup tool can solve many problems such as browser crashes, an unusual startup of pages or toolbars, annoying ads which you can’t get rid of, or other changes in your overall browsing experience.
The Cleanup tool is a method that can help you to Fix the DNS address could not be found the error in your Google Chrome browser. You can download the original Google Chrome Cleanup Tool here.
Method 8: Reinstalling your Google Chrome Browser
1. First, Press the Windows Key + X and then click on Control Panel.
2. Then click on the Uninstall a program option under the Programs section.
3. Afterward, right click on Google Chrome and then select Uninstall.
4. Then, Navigate to C:\Users\%your_name%\AppData\Local\Google\ and delete everything in this directory.
5. Furthermore, Reboot your computer to apply these changes.
6. Open any other browser on your computer and then go to this link to download Google Chrome.
7. Download and install Google Chrome on your Computer.
8. After the installation, restart your Computer.
9. This should resolve the DNS address Could not be found the error.
Always keep in mind that, Follow all these steps carefully to avoid any kind of mistakes. Also, go through the values thoroughly before entering them.
Even a small mistake can harm the working of your computer or damage your files or software. If done carefully, these are the best steps you can use to fix the DNS address could not be found error. We hope that these methods helped you to resolve your issue.