Unidentified Network No Internet Access is an issue that makes it impossible for Windows computer to access the internet connectivity, thereby creating problems for users by restricting their access to the Internet to use different services and to get different information.
- 1 Why Does Unidentified Network No Internet Access Error Occur?
- 2 How to Fix Unidentified Network No Internet Access Error?
- 2.1 Method #1 Restart Your Computer or Laptop
- 2.2 Method #2 Turn Off Windows Airplane Mode
- 2.3 Method #3 Update Network Card Driver
- 2.4 Method #4 Make Use of Windows Creator’s Update Troubleshoot
- 2.5 Method #5 Change Windows Settings
- 2.6 Method #6 Add IP Address Manually
- 2.7 Method #7 Clear DNS Cache, Renew IP Address, Reset & Restart Winsock & TCP/IP Using CMD
- 2.8 Method #8 Disable Antivirus Programs
- 2.9 Method #9 Restart Your Router
- 2.10 Method #10 Make Use of One Connection Only
- 2.11 Method #11 Change the Duplex of Your Adapter
- 2.12 Method #12 View Your Network Equipment
- 2.13 Method #13 Modify Your Roaming Sensitivity
- 2.14 Method #14 Disable the McAfee Agent Service
- 2.15 Method #15 Update Router Firmware
- 2.16 Method #16 Set Unidentified Network to Public/Private Location
- 2.17 Method #17 Change Your Ethernet Cable
- 2.18 Method #18 Disable Virtual Network Adapters
- 2.19 Method #19 Replace Your Adapter
- 2.20 Method #20 Fix Unidentified Network Message by Resetting Your Router
- 2.21 Method #21 Change the Location of Your Computer
- 2.22 Method #22 Remove 0.0.0.0 Gateway
- 2.23 Method #23 Change Network Encryption on Your Router
- 2.24 Method #24 Diagnose Your Network
- 2.25 Method #25 Turn off Fast Startup
- 3 Conclusion
Why Does Unidentified Network No Internet Access Error Occur?
This issue can occur on any Windows computer be it Windows 7, 8 or 10. During this issue, the wireless icon of system tray starts showing a yellow exclamation sigh which states “Unidentified Network/No Internet Access message. However, there is a rapid solution to this problem that works but temporarily. For this, you can open up network connections in Control Panel and then Right-click on WiFi Adapter and click on the option Disable and then Enable it again.
How to Fix Unidentified Network No Internet Access Error?
There are a lot of solutions that fix this Unidentified Network No Internet Access message permanently in your computer. So scroll down and go through the list of these quick and easy solutions to get your problem solved in no time.
Method #1 Restart Your Computer or Laptop
This is one of the leading solutions that you can go for to fix the problem of Unidentified Network. According to many users, generally major issues get solved by just restarting computers. Windows computers sometimes hold your personal information and data and this leads to Unidentified Network message to appear in front of you. So to fix the problem, just, restart your computer and check if the error is gone. If it still pops up; move on to the next method.
Method #2 Turn Off Windows Airplane Mode
Windows computers have an Airplane mode feature and if you enable it, it can interrupt with your Internet connection. So to fix the Unidentified Network issue, disable the Airplane mode first. There are two ways to disable the Airplane mode in your computer. Follow the steps to do this:
1. Press Windows + A keys together to open Action Center.
2. In the Action Center window, click on the Airplane mode button to disable it. If you are not able to find this option, then Expand it to see all the Action Center icons.
Also, you can disable this feature by going to the Settings icon, follow the steps for this:
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings of your PC.
2. Navigate to the Network & Internet section.
3. Click on Airplane mode from the left panel to disable it.
4. Look for Airplane mode option to turn it off.
After following these steps, Airplane mode will be disabled and the Unidentified Network, No Internet access message, will disappear.
Method #3 Update Network Card Driver
There are two ways to update your driver, either through Windows or by downloading and installing the driver manually from the manufacturer’s website. To update the driver by using Windows, follow the steps:
1. Press Windows+R together to open Run. Then type “devmgmt.msc” and hit OK.
2. Expand the Network Adapters and right-click on the network card that is causing issue. Select Properties.
3. Next, navigate to Driver tab and select Update Driver option.
Also, you can choose to uninstall the network driver and can reinstall it after restarting your PC. This can also solve your problem if you are fortunate enough. One more thing to be noted is that Windows will reinstall a default driver for you that too automatically and if it doesn’t you can download the latest driver on your own by using a different computer.
Method #4 Make Use of Windows Creator’s Update Troubleshoot
Troubleshoot is a tool which is built in the Window’s creator’s update and you can use this tool to solve the Unidentified Network No Internet Access issue. Follow the steps for this:
1. Right-click on the network icon located in the notification area which is placed on the taskbar.
2. Choose the Troubleshoot problems.
3. Now Windows Network Diagnostics will start checking the issues in your PC.
4. After detecting the problems, some on-screen instructions will appear in front of you, follow them to fix the problem of the Unidentified Network message.
Method #5 Change Windows Settings
You can move to change your Windows settings to fix the problem of Unidentified Network error by resetting network.
1. Press Windows + I keys together on your keyboard to open the Settings.
2. Navigate to Network & Internet option.
3. Click on the Status button form the left panel.
4. Scroll down & choose Network reset option.
5. Click on the Reset now option.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the resetting. Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Method #6 Add IP Address Manually
To fix the Unidentified Network issue, you can manually add IP Address after the Windows Fall Creators Update. This can be done in Ethernet or Wireless Network connection Properties, follow the steps to do the same:
1. Press Windows + X keys together & choose Control Panel from the menu.
2. Find Network & Sharing Center from the available options.
3. Click on the Ethernet or WLAN Adapter and choose Properties option.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) & choose Properties.
5. Now select the option Use the following DNS Server addresses.
6. Now add the IP Address 126.96.36.199 to your Preferred DNS Server.
7. Add 188.8.131.52 to Alternate DNS Server and click on OK.
8. Open Command Prompt (Admin) by pressing Windows+X keys simultaneously.
9. Type “ipconfig/release” and press Enter.
10. At last, type “ipconfig/renew” to get a new IP Address.
Method #7 Clear DNS Cache, Renew IP Address, Reset & Restart Winsock & TCP/IP Using CMD
There are few commands that can be used to change network configuration on Windows Fall Creator’s Update computer which can help to remove the error of Unidentified Network. Follow the steps to complete the task:
1. Press Windows + X to bring out the Jump List.
2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
3. Now, type the following commands one by one & press Enter after you type each command.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh int tcp show global
4. Restart your computer.
Now you must be able to get rid of the Unidentified Network error and you can have your Internet connectivity and accessibility back. Browse on different networks to check the working of the network now.
Method #8 Disable Antivirus Programs
Nowadays Antivirus programs are built with firewalls and these third-party firewalls can cause issues in your PC of which Unidentified Network is one. So it is advisable to disable the third party firewalls to check if it can solve the error. Third party firewalls also slow down your Internet connection sometimes.
Whenever you search anything on the Internet and send a request for it, that request has to go through the third party firewall program, and then through Windows firewall if it is on turned On mode, and at last it has to go through the firewall which is there in Action Gateway. So try this method if you are troubled because of the Unidentified Network No Internet Access message.
Method #9 Restart Your Router
This is one of the easiest solutions to solve the problem of Unidentified Network. The issue might appear due to some problem with the router so you can try to restart your router without wasting any time.
Keep in mind that you have to reboot your router and not restore it to default feature. Remember not to press the reset button which is placed on the back of the unit because that would cause you the trouble to change all the settings again.
Method #10 Make Use of One Connection Only
If you are the one who is using two network connections simultaneously, then it might be the cause of Unidentified Network No Internet Access. So if you are using an Ethernet connection along with a wireless connection on your PC, then choose any one of them and disconnect the other one. Later restart your computer system and check if you can get the Internet access now.
If this doesn’t help try the same using the other connection now which was earlier disabled. In this way, you will get to know if any of those two network connections were causing the error. Follow the steps to try this method individually with both the connections:
1. Open Control Panel & navigate to Network & Sharing Center on your computer.
2. Click on Change Adapter Settings.
3. Next, you have to right-click on the network adapter and click on Disable button.
4. Restart your PC & check if it solves the issue.
5. If it doesn’t work then you’ll have to bridge your connections. Open Network Connections.
6. Select your Wireless & Ethernet connection & right-click on them. Choose Bridge Connections from the menu.
Method #11 Change the Duplex of Your Adapter
If your adapter’s duplex is not configured correctly, then it can lead to Unidentified Network issue. So you can change it to remove the error, by following the steps:
1. Open Network Connections and look for your Network, when found, right-click on it and select Properties from the menu bar.
2. Now Properties window will be open. Click on Configure option there.
3. Navigate to Advanced tab. Select Speed/duplex settings from the property list. Next, change its value to Auto Negotiation. Hit OK to save the changes made. However, you might have to use different values to solve your issue as it depends on your router and network adapter.
After the completion of this process, the duplex speed will be changed and you can check if the error message is gone or not.
Method #12 View Your Network Equipment
To solve the Unidentified Network error on your PC, make sure that your network equipment works correctly. If it’s possible you can test your router and network on a different computer. You can also use a different router for your computer and then check if that solves the issue.
Method #13 Modify Your Roaming Sensitivity
Users have seen that Unidentified Network error can be fixed up by changing the Roaming Sensitivity of the wireless adapter in your PC. Follow the steps for this:
1. Open the Properties of your connection and click on the Configure button.
2. Go to Advanced tab now.
3. Find out Roaming Sensitivity in the list and click on it.
4. Adjust its value until your problem gets solved.
Many users have succeeded to solve the Unidentified Network error by simply disabling the Roaming Sensitivity, so you can surely try this method.
Method #14 Disable the McAfee Agent Service
The McAfee Network Agent Service can cause the Unidentified No Internet Access Error, so to remove the error, you can disable the McAfee service by following the steps:
1. Press Windows Key+R together to open Run.
2. Type “msconfig” and then click on Services option.
3. Check Hide all Microsoft service and then locate McAfee Network Agent on the list.
4. Uncheck its box to Disable it. Click on Apply & OK to apply the changes.
Method #15 Update Router Firmware
You can try to update the firmware in your router to fix your issue but this is a slightly complicated process and everyone can not do it. In this method, you need to connect to your router through any Web browser. So if you’re still using an old or outdated router from a long time, update it to its current available version and enjoy working on your computer without any interruption.
Method #16 Set Unidentified Network to Public/Private Location
1. Click on Start Menu and type “secpol.msc” in the search box.
2. Choose secpol.msc from the search result appeared.
3. Search for Network List Manager Policies under Local Security Policy and click on it.
4. Double-click on Unidentified Networks from the right-pane.
5. Now you need to change its location to Private and modify User permissions to User can change location to get the allowance to change the location.
6. Select Apply button and click on OK to save the changes made on your PC.
Method #17 Change Your Ethernet Cable
The unidentified network no Internet access issue can occur due to some problem in your Ethernet cable. To fix this issue, you can try first to unplug and then reconnect your Ethernet cable and repeat the same process a number of times to check if that helps to solve the error you are getting in your system. Also, your Ethernet cable could be physically damaged as well and that’s why you might be getting the error message, in this case, you can replace your older Ethernet cable with a new one.
Method #18 Disable Virtual Network Adapters
In this method, you need to disable any virtual network adapters that are present in your PC. Because if there is any virtual machine software installed in your system, it interferes with other applications and thus results in errors like Unidentified Network No Internet Access. Follow the steps:
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Navigate to View menu and check Show hidden devices.
3. Expand Network adapters and find virtual adapters associated with any third-party applications. After that, Disable them.
4. Now check if your issue has been resolved or not, If not then update the virtual machine software to its latest available version as there might be some compatibility issue with the older version.
Method #19 Replace Your Adapter
Several times, there may be some issues in your network adapter and due to this, you might get different types of errors on your computer screens whenever you are trying to use it. The issue could be with the internal adapter which might not be wholly compatible with your router. In this case, you can replace your old internal adapter with a new external adapter and use it to check if your issue is resolved.
To use an external adapter, you need to disable the internal network adapter that you are currently using. Follow the steps to do this:
1. Go to Device Manager.
2. Now navigate to Network Adapters area and find your adapter and then right click on it. Click on Disable button.
Method #20 Fix Unidentified Network Message by Resetting Your Router
Many users have claimed that they succeeded to solve the issue of Unidentified Network by changing the configuration of their router. As this error can occur due to some issues with the router’s configuration. So if you are also facing this issue, reset your router by pressing the reset button on your router.
Also, you can go to the router’s configuration page and reset it from there. Remember that this process will change all of your settings to default, so you need to change all your settings again according to your preference.
Method #21 Change the Location of Your Computer
Sometimes, WiFi signals get obstructed on specific areas and this leads to Unidentified network messages to appear on your computer screens. If you also have a WiFi connection and you are facing this problem then shift your computer to a different location to resolve your issue.
Method #22 Remove 0.0.0.0 Gateway
The issue can occur due to 0.0.0.0 gateway courtesy of Adobe CS3 Bonjour, so to fix it up, you need to remove this gateway. Follow the steps for this:
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator using Windows+X keys together.
2. When it opens, enter the command “route delete 0.0.0.0” and execute it.
3. Restart your computer and check if the issue is gone.
Method #23 Change Network Encryption on Your Router
The Unidentified Network message can be fixed up if you change the network encryption on your router. The WiFi networks use encryption so that no unauthorized person accesses your WiFi Internet connection. If you are using WPA encryption, change it to WPA2 and vice versa, this might relieve you from the Unidentified No Internet Access message. You can check the instruction guidebook of your router to know how to change the encryption on your router.
Method #24 Diagnose Your Network
1. Open Control Panel & navigate to Network & Sharing Center.
2. Click on the network connection that you are using whether it is WiFi or Ethernet and then choose Diagnose.
3. This will start the automatic troubleshooter.
Method #25 Turn off Fast Startup
All the latest versions of Windows have a fast startup feature in them due to which they are more efficient than the older ones and their performance is also better. But this startup feature can also create an issue in your system and if that happens, you have to disable the fast startup feature to solve your issue. Follow the steps:
1. Go to Start Menu and type Power Options in the search box.
2. Select the option click on choose what the power button does from the left pane.
3. Next, select Change setting that are currently unavailable.
4. Uncheck the box Turn on fast startup.
5. Shut down your computer at last and boot it again after a minute.
Hopefully, this article will prove to be very helpful to you to fix the network issue that is restricting you from accessing Internet connectivity in your computer.