Headphones not working in Windows 10 in a frequent error and occur due to non-identification of a particular pair of the headphone by the operating system.
Another likely reason for headphones not working is, as you have updated to a new, latest operating system default may have tainted your PC settings and because of which you are facing problems.
“With great power comes, great responsibility.”- Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill rightly quoted that greater power seeks greater responsibility which can be utilized by efficient management and proper strategy formation cum implementation.
Recently, the tech giant Microsoft Limited, released their latest and so-called most innovative and versatile personal operating system ever, Windows 10.
With new features like Game Booster, Branch Cache, Windows Go To, etc., it took the International IT Sector and Markets by thunder. But as they say, ‘none of the technology is hundred percent perfect,’ the same implied to Windows 10.
Errors and Lags followed, a situation of panic arose when the corporation did not give an ear to the issues.
One of the most sought of issue, i.e., headphones not working in Windows 10, which people are hunting throughout the web is discussed in detail throughout the article.
Try these solutions precisely and do share your opinion and feedbacks down in the comment section that helps our page to become more users friendly and dedicated towards our viewers.
How to Fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10
Below are the compilation of solutions which can fix the problems mentioned above:
Method 1: Update Sound Drivers
In the majority of the cases, the issue of headphones not working arises due to non-updating of sound drivers.
As the drivers are not updated, they are incompatible with the headphones plugged. Hence, the dilemma arises. It can be solved by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Click on the Start button, then type Device Manager, and select the result displayed.
2. Then expand Sound Icon from options and right-click on it and select Update Drivers.
3. Afterwards, select Search automatically for updated driver software option.
Method 2: Setting Headphones as a Default Playback Device
The problem further continues many times as the headphone will not mark as a default playback device. This is an unconventional trick but has proved to be a wonder for many. To apply the above changes, follow the steps below:
1. First of all, tap the Start button and Open the Control Panel.
2. Then click on alternative Hardware and Sound and then go for Sound.
3. Under the Playback tab, click right in the window and select Show Disabled Devices.
4. Afterwards, a list of headphones will flash and right click on the required headphone device settings and select Enable.
5. Finally, go for Set as Default and then click on Apply option.
NOTE: – This method is least practiced for headphones not working, but it proves to be highly advantageous and reliable.
Method 3: Immobilize Front Panel Jack Detection
Another familiar issue due to which headphones does not function properly and efficiently in Windows 10 is due to immobilization of front panel jack recognition.
While troubleshooting of the issue of malfunctioning of headphones this method is the first choice of many users. To implement the following setting follow the steps listed below:
1. At First, open Run by pressing Windows Key+R together.
2. Then type Control Panel and you will be directed to the control panel.
3. Afterwards, go to Hardware and Sound option.
4. Then click on Realtek HD Audio Manager.
5. Now, Click on the Disable Front Jack Panel Detection. under the Connector settings.
REMARK: – This method is useful for headphones not working, only for systems have Realtek HD Audio Manager is used for operations related to sound.
Method 4: Rebooting Your PC
If the above ways do not bear fruits for headphones not working, this method may prove wonders. This is more of an all-purpose step rather than for a specified quandary. Rebooting, gravely solve every problem which will definitely give troubleshooter a hard time. Follow the procedure mentioned below:
1. Open Start Menu by pressing the windows button from keyboard.
2. Then click or Tap on the Power Button.
3. At last, choose Restart.
This method is somewhat faster, when we it compare to the above method:
1. At First, press the Windows Key+X together.
2. Then a power user menu is visible.
3. In the Shut Down and Sign Out menu, scroll down and tap on the choice named Restart.
Method 5: Restore Your PC System
Inspired by the famous saying, ‘never lose hope, as miracles happen every day,’ this method seriously may give you Goosebumps as all of the above mentioned complicated methods didn’t work and suddenly this micro step gave you the desired product.
Indeed, if one door closes, a hundred new doors open to mandating your desired results. Put your hands on these steps to obtain your required outcome:
1. Click on the Start button and type the keyword Create a Restore Point in the black space.
2. Afterwards, click on the option Create a Restore Point.
3. Now, simply click on System Restore option under System Protection tab.
4. Choose the Restore Point create recently & follow the steps accordingly.
5. At last, complete the installation and enjoy music and sound from your headphone.
NOTE: – It is exceedingly recommended to backup your data before performing a system restore.
Hence, these were a list of numerous ways of how to fix headphones not working in the reliable operating system Windows 10. When you buy a new pair of headphones, after waiting for nearly a week or half for it to be delivered, and the moment it is unable of function correctly, there is an assortment of feelings of anger, anguish and ambush.
But, we understand your dilemmas and are ever ready to satisfy our clients and members in all possible ways and every feasible method.
As you know, Windows 10 has a massive list of errors and flaws, for which we provide reliable solutions. Do Like, Follow and Share our page if you like our services provided and we assure you of the latest content in unswerving time. Looking forward to your response in the comments section.