Google Drive is moving beyond one’s simple imagination. More than storing your data, it has also become a source of watching videos in various formats. Simply possible just by quick upload and play. The users of cloud storage services have often faced this common Google Drive Error which is, Whoops! There was a problem playing this video. If you are facing this issue, you have come to the right place to get the right solution.
These technical problems can be solved easily. Thankfully, there are multiple ways one can resolve this error. Below is a detailed list of all the possible methods and step by step guide to solve this error. We ensure that at least one of them will work just perfectly for you.
Table of Contents
What causes this error?
Reasons this Whoops! There was a problem playing this video error can appear on your screen.
- Video resolutions or the quality of the video determines it to be an error-free play as Google drive has a specific limit and doesn’t support the higher resolution types.
- Sometimes, it is possible that the file format that you are using to play a video on Google Drive is incorrect or not suitable. Like Google Drive, unlike any other drive, it lacks in supporting all the available formats. In such a case, you must try converting your file’s format to the one that works fine with Google drive.
- The size of the file can also be a culprit in showing this error. Any size larger than the limit that can support within Google Drive can cause this issue. Though the limit size is huge in itself, sometimes, those unaware of this limitation might be uploading a huge file.
- If your browser is not the latest version, this can also cause issues in playing a video on Google drive. To resolve this Whoops! There was a problem playing this video issue, try updating your specific browser to the newest version.
Fixing the error
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
This method, possibly you must have already tried yourself. This says that there can be a possibility of this Whoops! There was a problem playing this video issue occurring due to poor or no internet connectivity to your device.
You can try using a different device and playing a video on an alternative website to resolve this. If doing this won’t fix your issue. Move to the next possible method.
Similarly, there can be an equal amount of possibility that the Whoops! There was a problem playing this video error must have occurred due to an issue in your current browser.
Try using a different web browser and opening the same video in the alternative browser. If this other browser is not able to play your video, look for the next method.
Try Incognito Mode
Some of the browsers come with an incognito mode. This mode lets the user use the browser in a privacy mode where anything you open up is not stored in the history section.
The way to open the incognito mode is to launch your browser, hold the keys ‘Ctrl+Shift+P, or use the key in a few selective browsers like Chrome. ‘Ctrl+Shift+N.’ If this method does not work out for you, move to the next one.
Open another window.
If you have not been able to fix the Whoops! There was a problem playing this video error, maybe you can simply try by using a different window. Follow the simple steps given below.
- Reach to your Google Drive space and look for that video which you want to watch.
- On the screen which is currently Pleating in front of you, you find a three-dotted icon, there click on the option to open in a new window.
- Once you open a new window, try playing that same video.
If this way does not work, don’t worry. It can be possible that this could occur due to other reasons, and therefore another way can help fix it.
Browsing Data Needs to be Erased
Sometimes, we think the Whoops! There was a problem playing this video issue is huge and need a technical team to resolve it. But, soon, we realize that the problem is rather hidden within our system. The most common reason for this error can be catches or some corrupted files. To resolve this issue, you must clear all the data stored, which can be done with these steps.
- Open your browser.
- Click the icon with three dots.
- From the given options, tap ‘more tools.’
- Tap ‘Clear browsing data option and reach out to the advanced tab,
- Possibly there will be a time range. Select all the given times.
- Look for cookies, cached data, and data from other sites.
- Clean up all the data and tap open to restarting your specific browser.
In any browser, you can easily follow these same steps. If this could not fix the issue you are facing, try the next fixing method.
Try Deactivating Extensions or Add-ons
In certain cases, your browser might have an issue with its extensions and can cause Whoops! There was a problem playing this video. In such cases, you can try deactivating your extensions option. Go through the given method to fix the error.
- Tap open your browser within which you want to play the video.
- Once the browser is open, look for a three-dot icon on the top right of your screen.
- On this menu button, look for an option ‘extension/add-ons.’
- Look for the specific extensions you wish to remove and tap on the given option to deactivate them.
- Finally, you can restart your browser and see if the error is finally fixed.
Amongst all the possible reasons and methods mentioned above, reach out for the one that matches with the reason for this Whoops! There was a problem playing this video error occurring on your Google drive and solve it with the help of the given steps.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.