On days when you are working on some presentation or attending a webinar, it may happen that the home network suddenly disappears. Many users have complained about can’t see my wifi network on Windows 10. It causes a lot of inconveniences and can be a big problem. Despite trying for a long time, the Wi-Fi network doesn’t show up. Frustrating right? Yes, it can be, but here we have some of the best solutions to fix the issue.
See also: Secure Windows 10 With These 8 Easy Ways
Table of Contents
- 1 What Causes Windows 10 Wi-Fi Not Showing Up
- 2 Solutions for Wi-Fi Network Not Showing Up Windows 10 and Can’t See My Wifi Network on Windows 10
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
What Causes Windows 10 Wi-Fi Not Showing Up
Before getting into the methods to fix the problem, let’s talk about the causes. It may happen due to
- Incorrect Wi-Fi configuration of the router and the computer
- WIFI’s internal problem
- Difficulty in connecting with the pc
- There might be missing or outdated drivers
Solutions for Wi-Fi Network Not Showing Up Windows 10 and Can’t See My Wifi Network on Windows 10
In this post, we have listed 8 ways to fix the can’t see my wifi network on Windows 10 issue.
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Enabling the Wi-Fi Service
The easiest and most common way to fix this issue is by enabling the Wi-Fi service. Many laptops have a dedicated key or a switch to turn on or off the Wi-Fi service. Otherwise, you may press Fn + F5 keys together.
This will turn on the Wi-Fi service.
Turning the WLAN AutoConfig Service
This service is used to configure the wireless security and connectivity settings. It helps in connecting to the preferred Wi-Fi network automatically.
- To open the run dialog box, press Windows + R keys together. After the dialog box opens, write services.sc and press enter.
- From the given list, right-click on WLAN AutoConfig and select properties.
- Under startup, click on automatic and then click apply
- Check whether the problem is solved by restarting the PC
Checking the Network Settings
In a case where you don’t have a specific Wi-Fi key on your laptop/computer, you can use this step
- Right-click on the internet icon in the taskbar and then open the network sharing center
- Next, go to the adapter setting
- Right-click on Wi-Fi and then click enable
- Restart the laptop/computer to check if the error windows 10 can’t find the network is fixed
Running Command Prompt
- In the search bar, type command prompt. Next, run as administrator on the start command prompt
- Run these commands:
- Restarting the PC might help in solving can’t see my Wi-Fi network on Windows 10
Updating Wi-Fi Drivers
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R keys and write devmgmt.msc and enter.
- From the given list, click on the arrow beside network adapters.
- Locate the Wi-Fi adapter. It has wireless in its name.
- Select update driver
- Click on automatically search for drivers for searching the drivers automatically.
- If you don’t want the automatic search option, then select browse my computer for drivers and download the drivers from the device manufacturer’s official website.
- Continue with the update.
After the update, check if the error can’t see my Wi-Fi network on Windows 10 is resolved.
Keeping the Windows Updated
- Go to the settings
- Here, select update and security
- Under update and security, go to check for updates to view any available updates
- After installing the updates, restart the PC.
Now see if the Windows 10 can’t see the network is solved.
Check if the Frequency is Correct.
The wireless connection has a specific standard frequency: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The older devices use mainly 2.4 GHz.
It may be possible that the device does not support 5GHz. Make sure to check it and adjust the router to use the standard 2.4GHz. It might help in solving can’t see my Wi-Fi network on Windows 10.
Enabling SSID Broadcast for The Wi-Fi
SSID stands for Service Set Identifier broadcast that makes the Wi-Fi network visible to the network adapter. If the SSID broadcast is disabled, the Wi-Fi network won’t show up in the list. To enable SSID, follow these steps:
- Check the IP address, username, and password on the wireless router
- Open any browser and type the IP address, and press Enter
- Use your password and username to avail of the services of the website
- Next, go to wireless then wireless settings. Check the box with Enable SSID broadcast and save.
Why can’t I see my wireless network?
A lot of reasons have been stated on why the available network list does not highlight your own wireless home network. If no networks are shown in the list, your wireless hardware could be turned off, or it may not be working correctly. It may also happen that the network could be hidden.
Why are the Wi-Fi networks not visible on Windows 10?
- Go to start and select settings
- Then go to network and internet
- Try to turn the airplane mode on/off
- Now, turn on Wi-Fi and see if the networks are visible
Select can’t connect to a wireless network for more solutions if you still cannot see any networks.
How do I fix the missing Wi-Fi on windows 10?
Some of the methods are:
- Reinstall wireless adapter drivers
- Turn off Wi-Fi sense
- Change system icons settings
- Make sure that the wireless adapter appears in the device manager
- Ensuring that you disable airplane mode
- Restart the explorer process
- Edit group policy
How do I restore Wi-Fi on my computer?
- Search for settings in the taskbar
- Here, select network and internet
- Next, go to status and click network reset
Whether you are working or watching your favorite movie, errors, like can’t see my Wi-Fi network on Windows 10, can be very irritating. Next time you come across the “particular Wi-Fi network not showing in Windows 10” error and can’t see my wifi network on Windows 10, we hope that the methods mentioned in this guide will help you fix this issue, and you’ll be able to connect to your home Wi-Fi network. Read this article, if you want to fix the error of can’t see other computers on your network window10
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.