If you are using Windows 10, you will undoubtedly encounter many issues with the latest build, but many have questions: Why can’t I see other computers on my network, Network 10? These errors often occur due to incorrect settings on your system or an interrupted network correction.
To resolve this, Windows start menu > settings. Press Update and Security> Windows Security > Firewall and Security Protection. Allow an app through the firewall option in the firewall and network protection menu. Allow apps to communicate through the Windows Defender Firewall window; press Change Settings to allow access. Fill and Printer Sharing and File and Printer Sharing under SMBDirect options, and click the checkbox for each section under the Private column to allow this through the firewall settings. Press OK to save. If you are on any other website, you might want to check this article on fixing Windows 10 startup menu missing.
Read further to find out more about Methods To Fix Why Can’t I See Other Computers On My Network Windows 10.
Methods To Fix Why Can’t I See Other Computers On My Network Windows 10
Here are the few fixes that will help you solve why I can’t see other computers on my network, Networks ten, or cannot see other computers on the web.
Method 1: Enabling Network Discovery On Windows 10
For most Windows users, some computers are not showing up on the network Networkoff the network discovery settings on Windows 10. You may misbehave when this particular setting is not on your computer.
- Firstly, You can check if the network discovery is enabled by opening Windows file discovery. In the navigation tab on the left, press the network tab.
- Secondly, You can navigate Setting > Network and Internet > Sharing options > Turn on Network Discovery to enable the network discovery. If the network discovery is not there, the windows alert you immediately.And also, windows provide you with a shortcut option to allow it to be at the top of the file explorer window. Press the yellow bar at the top to bring the quick options menu. Read this article if your file explorer is not working or loading correctly.
- After clicking the options menu, press the Turn on Network Discovery and file sharing.
- Suppose your network Networkently applied as a public network. In that case, Windows will insure you if you want to switch your network Networkate or otherwise allow network discovery on public networks.This setting is not recommended; select the No, and make the network Networknnected to a private network. Once network discovery is on, you should be able to see other systems in the Networks section—but only if those devices have network discovery enabled. You can also access devices directly by typing their IP address or hostname in the address tab at the top of the File Explorer window.
If this method does not help you to solve this, Why can’t I see other computers on my netNetworkndows 10?
Method 2: Configuring Your Firewall To Allow File And Printer Sharing
The Windows Firewall’s main objective is to block unnecessary traffic from your computer. If the network discovery is on, you still can’t find the laptop on the neNetworkThen you may need to allow the printer and file sharing in your firewall.
If you are a Windows 10 operating system user, it is doubtful that you might not have used a person with your computer system. However, when the computer system shows an error printing message, you must fix it.
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows start menu and press settings. Press Update and Security> Windows Security > Firewall and Security Protection in the Windows settings menu.
- Secondly, click the allow an app through the firewall option in the firewall and network protection menu.
- Allow apps to communicate through the Windows Defender Firewall window; press Change Settings to allow access.Scroll through the list where you can see the Fill and Printer Sharing and File and Printer Sharing under SMBDirect options, and click the checkbox for each section under the Private column to allow this through the firewall settings.
- You can also enable the checkboxes under the Public column to allow public networks access, but this is not mandatory. Press OK to save.
You can also do the same process for the other third-party firewalls and try to solve why can’t I see other computers on my network windows 10
Method 3: Enabling The Computer Browser Service On Windows 10
Seeing if the computer browser system service is on and running on your PC. This can probably be the cause of why can’t I see other computers on my neNetworkwindows 10.
- Firstly, To start, press Win + R on your keyboard. In the run dialog box, type services.msc, then press OK to launch.
- Secondly, locate the computer browser in the service management console window and look at the status under the Status column. You must enable the group by right-clicking and pressing the properties option if the group stops.
- Click on the start button to enable the Computer browser properties window. Then select the automatic under the startup type drop-down menu and make sure it starts automatically in the future. Click OK to save.
This can probably solve the issue of can’t see computers on networked laptops can’t see desktops on the web.
Method 4: Checking Your Local Network Configuration
If your PC doesn’t see other computers on the neNetworkcheck the connections between your PC and the local neNetwork. And see if your router cables are not in bad condition. And if you are using a wireless network, see your router is on and active.
One remedy is to check the Ping command from the PowerShell or command line. This will let you see whether your computer is connected to your network correctly and can identify local networks.
- Firstly, Right-click on the start menu to use ping and press the Windows PowerShell or Windows PowerShell (Admin). From the Powershell admin, type ping x.x.x.x or ping hostname; it replaces x.x.x.x and hostname with the local IP Address or PC hostname. Suppose the Ping command responds with a reply. In that case, a network connection should not prevent you from seeing another computer on your network. Network would likely recommend a software or network configuration issue elsewhere.
- Secondly, You can test your network configuration for problems in your Windows settings—right-click the Start menu and press Settings to access this. Press Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Network Adapter and click Run the Troubleshooter. ( If Windows detects any problems with your network configuration, it will automatically attempt to fix them ).
- To change this, right-click the Start menu button and press Settings. And also, Press Network & Internet > Status > Change adapter options from the Windows Settings menu.
- Right-click on your network device in the Network Connections menu and press Properties. Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in the Properties window and press Properties.
- In the IPv4 Properties window, ensure that Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected and enabled, then press OK > Close to save.
This method probably helps you to solve why can’t I see other computers on my network windows 10
Why can't I see all the computers on my network Windows 10?
There are many reasons why Windows 10 Can't See Other Computers on Network. However, the major reasons are probably due to bugs and wrong settings of Network Discovery, SMB 1.0 Protocol, and Disabled Printer and File Sharing.
Can only see some computers on network Windows 10?
If network discovery is on off in your computer, your Windows 10 PC won't be visible to other devices on the network vice versa. You can check if network discovery is off by clicking on NetworkNetwork left pane of the File Explorer. If you see an error message that reads 'Network discovery is turned off.'
In conclusion, Here are four methods to solve Why I can’t see other computers on my networkNetworks 10. You can use any of the methods above and solve your issue.
Matt Brown: Senior editor with expertise in consumer tech, gaming, Xbox, and Windows PCs. Follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown for the latest updates.