Skype is awesome. It has blazed global communication by enabling calls and messages to flow unhindered across the world. It has become an essential part of our daily lives. But, it has one particular annoyance. Stop Skype from Starting Automatically is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 6 Ways to Fix Stop Skype from Starting Automatically. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem.
It tends to remain active in the background on your Windows 10. It ensures that you always remain available for incoming calls and messages. But this puts Skype rather heavy on the CPU.
6 Ways to Stop Skype from Starting Automatically
This article deals with techniques you can employ to stop Skype from starting automatically in Windows 10. Read on.
Method 1: Stop Skype Desktop app from starting automatically in Windows 10
1. At First, open the Skype desktop app on your computer. Then click on Skype shortcut on your desktop. Afterward, click on Skype from the list of applications.
2. In case you are not already signed in, sign in to your Skype account.
3. Then click on Tools present in the top menu bar.
4. Then click on Options. It will be shown in the drop-down menu.
5. In the Options screen, there will be an option Start Skype when I start Windows. Uncheck it. Afterwards, click on Save.
3. Then find Messaging + Skype. Finally, click on it and then select Uninstall.
Remove Skype using the Powershell by following the steps:
1. At First, press the Windows and S keys together. Then type Powershell in the Search box that is provided. Afterwards right click and select Run as Administrator.
2. Then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter simultaneously. Confirm the User Account Control Prompt.
3. Afterwards type in the following commands:
Get-AppxPackage *messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Then press Enter after each command you type.
See Also: –
These are all the methods you can use to stop Skype from starting automatically in Windows 10.