System32 is one of the most parts of a PC. System updates streaming media support, encryption services, audio, video playback, and even the windows interface itself, quite literally the computer’s brain. System 32 folder contains the DLL (Dynamic-link libraries) files, including the data and codes accessible by many programs, including Windows. The DLL inside the System32 folder enables functionality from control panel options to error checking. Your computer can start showing the system 32 error messages if in case the system32 file corrupts.
There could be several reasons your PC might be showing a System 32 error. Generally, the System32 file is placed under C:\ drive in a Windows Operating system. It’s kept so that it remains far from the reach of the computer user.
Table of Contents
Easy Fixes for System 32 Error in Windows
Today, we’ll discuss a possible solution for the system 32 error below.
Using the Command Prompt
The first way to deal with the system 32 error in a computer is to use commands in the command prompt in windows. The only thing you’ll need here is the Windows Recovery Disk that came with your PC.
- Start this process by inserting the Windows recovery disk into your CPU and then simply rebooting/Restarting your PC.
- This will land you on a pop-up windows tab.
- Select the recovery mode.
- Finally, type in the command given below-
md tmp, copy C:\Windows\System32\configsystem
Now check if the computer still shows the error on the screen.
If No, Voila! You solved it.
If the system 32 error persists, head on to the next solution.
By Creating a Recovery Drive
This solution requires you to have a USB flash drive/ Pen drive.
- Connect your USB device to your Windows computer.
- Go to the windows search option and type “Recovery.”
- Select the “Create a recovery drive” option.
- Now follow the instruction given on the screen.
- Create a recovery drive in the flash drive, connect it to your affected PC and reboot it.
- Select from the recovery option available on the screen.
Check if the system 32 error still occurs. If yes, head on to the next solution.
Run SFC (System File Checker) DISM (Deployment Image and Servicing Management Tool)
The SFC tool helps you check whether all the crucial files in the system are in a cohesive environment.
Simple steps to check it are as follows-
- Press the Windows + X keys on the keyboard
- Select the command prompt(admin).
- In the command line, type the sfc/scannow
- Hit the Enter key.
- Give some time to the computer to complete the command.
- Reboot your PC.
Check if the system 32 error is fixed or not.
It’s always better to run DISM after SFC.
DISM image management command is used to mount and get information about Windows image (. wim) files or virtual hard disks (VHD).
The steps to get run DISM are as follows –
- Open command prompt (using admin user).
- Type the following command and press enter after each line.
DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Give time for these commands to accomplish.
- Reboot your PC.
See if the system 32 error goes away. If not, use the Final solution.
Perform a Clean Reinstallation
If nothing works, you can choose to reinstall the operating system. Before reinstalling, it’s important to export your data. Choose between backing up data from the unbootable computer/recovering data when pc won’t boot.
You can start reinstalling the operating system once you’ve created an external backup of your important data.
Follow the steps below to get the installation process correct and straightforward.
- Boot your computer/PC using the Windows installation disk.
- Select the required time, language, and keyboard input.
- Click on “Install Now.”
- Don’t forget to check the accept the license terms and click Next.
- Choose the type of installation you want. It is advisable to choose Custom (advanced).
- Select the drive to install Windows and click Next.
Once the process is over, the computer will reboot normally. This will, on the whole, solve any error whatsoever related to System32 being missing/corrupted.
FAQs About System 32 Error
What’s the best way to reinstall System 32?
While the computer is booting up, press the “F8” key on your keyboard. The “Advanced boot options” menu is opened with this command. Then hit “Enter” after selecting “Repair my computer.” The screen for System Recovery Options appears.
Is it possible to replace System32?
It’s possible that you won’t delete or replace a file in the System32 folder. In most cases, Access Denied indicates that there is insufficient permission. However, if the system uses the file, you may not replace it after acquiring ownership.
Once you’ve fixed this problem and are apprehensive about it reoccurring, creating a system image is advisable. This saves a ton of time and effort in case of future failure in the system. This process is effective in safeguarding all of the computer system files.
Don’t mess with the system files in the Drive C folder on a windows computer. Please, these files are susceptible and crucial for the whole functioning of the computer system. Keep it away from the eye of the computer user or guest login.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.