ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE: There are lots of reasons why Google Chrome is among the top internet browsers existing until now. The facts demonstrate that over the previous years, the product has turned out to be much extended. However, nobody can deny the way that it is still driving the game.
If you have Google Chrome for a long while, there are chances that you’ve experienced a few issues with no clue of the reasons behind. We understand how disappointing this situation can be.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Happens When the Web Page Fails to Load?
- 2 10 Ways to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE on Google Chrome
- 2.1 Method #1 Check the Networks
- 2.2 Method #2 Clear the data of your Browser
- 2.3 Method #3 Reset the Settings
- 2.4 Method #4 Download the Drivers
- 2.5 Method #5 Update the Drivers
- 2.6 Method #6 Try Using a VPN
- 2.7 #7 Disable the Antivirus
- 2.8 #8 Recheck the Extended Functions
- 2.9 Method #9 Clear the Temp Files
- 2.10 Method #10 Use Another Browser
What Happens When the Web Page Fails to Load?
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error demonstrates its revolting head when users are trying to log into a website. Nobody understands why this occurs. It shows up on the Google Chrome program to demonstrate a lousy network association.
Much of the time, the user might have used the Internet and saw a message on a Chrome tab, disclosing to them that the website they visited was not working. When you experience the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE, you will see one to two sentences specifying the issue. Presently, you should realize that there are different reasons why this issue happens.
Some of them are a terrible network connection, Overloaded system, Temp documents, Running programs like broken expansions that are debasing or corrupting the actions of Google Chrome, etc. However, one thing is sure that there are numerous approaches to fix the issue without using another internet browser. Some of them are given below.
10 Ways to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE on Google Chrome
Method #1 Check the Networks
The error, ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE, isn’t typically connected with a problem in the network, but they can be to an extent when it comes down to software gone wild. Thus, one must try checking your internet and ensure everything is acceptable before taking other measures
Method #2 Clear the data of your Browser
The browsing data on Google Chrome might be causing the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error. So here are the steps one can follow to clear this error;
- Open Google Chrome and go to the top-right corner of the, followed by clicking the icon of “More Options,” which looks like three dots aligned vertically.
- Move your mouse pointer over History, and then select History from the context menu.
- Now, go to the left-pane menu and click ‘Clear browsing data.’
- After that, Select ‘All-time’ as the time range and then click Clear Data.
- Now that your browser data has been cleared try visiting a website once again. Check if the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error is gone.
Method #3 Reset the Settings
It is possible that the network settings on your PC have been misconfigured. To get rid of the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error, you should reset your network. Follow the instructions below;
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key + S.
- Now, type “Command Prompt” (no quotes).
- Right-click the Command Prompt, and then select Run as Administrator.
- If it prompts to give permission to the app, click Yes.
- Once Command Prompt is up, run the following commands (press Enter after every command line): ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /flushdns, netsh Winsock reset, net stop DHCP, net start DHCP, netsh winhttp reset proxy
- After running these command lines, check if the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE issue is resolved.
Method #4 Download the Drivers
Sometimes it might happen that you’re using a wrong or outdated driver o your device. For this, download proper drivers and see if the error is fixed.
A. Download Manually
Directly go to the hardware manufacturer’s websites, and search for the latest drivers suitable for your device. You should make sure to look for the driver that’s compatible with the exact model number of the hardware in your system, and the version of your Windows.
B. Download Automatically
If you are running short of time, don’t the driver’s automatically with already available direct links, for example, Driver Easy which handles everything and you don’t need to know the details of your system. Follow this link and proceed;
Method #5 Update the Drivers
Update your network’s driver by using the Device Manager on your laptop by following the instructions given below:
- On the keyboard, hold Windows Key+R to open the Run dialog box.
- Once it is launched, type “devmgmt, Msc,” and then hit Enter.
- Expand all the given contents in the ‘Network adapters’ section.
- Right-click your network adapter, then choose Update Driver from the options.
Method #6 Try Using a VPN
One of the sources of the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error on Google Chrome can be due to the connection to the website, which is being interrupted by something. In this case, try to use a VPN to circumvent the interference.
NordVPN is highly recommended as it helps to set up a quick and stable Internet connection to everywhere, and you can use it to bypass Internet problems very quickly. To use NordVPN, follow the steps given below;
- Download and then install the NordVPN.
- Run NordVPN and then choose a location you want to access to.
- Try connecting the website with Chrome and see if the error is gone or not.
#7 Disable the Antivirus
It might be possible that your antivirus software installed in your laptop is blocking access to some specific websites causing the “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” error.
To make sure that the installed antivirus software is not the cause of this error, one must try to temporarily disable it and check if the error is still there. If this helps, switch to other antivirus software or to reinstall the current one.
#8 Recheck the Extended Functions
One of the roots that are causing this error are the extensions that you have might download to your browser at some point. While chances are less that one or more than one extensions installed in the browser can cause the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE problem, looking for the one that has caused the problem is indeed time consuming. Following is a guide to resolve this problem;
- Open the Chrome and go to the Menu button, enter Extension in the More Tools option.
- You will be navigated to a list of all the Extensions are there in your system. Confirm with a checkbox beside them.
- After that, Disable each Extension by clicking on each checkbox and continue until all of them are disabled.
- Next, restart Chrome and see if the problem exists. If it doesn’t, it can be concluded that the Err_Empty_Response error was being caused by Extension.
- Now to identify the one that is causing the error, go through the list of Extensions and enable them one by one.
Method #9 Clear the Temp Files
Accumulation of temporary files can lead to ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error. Before going deep in the solutions, the temp files should be removed. Go step by step, as given below:
- In the search field, type ”Temp” and open the Temp file folder.
- Click Ctrl+A and hit the Delete button. Now, clear the items in the recycle bin.
- Restart your Google Chrome browser and verify whether the problem has been resolved.
You may also like –
Method #10 Use Another Browser
Try using some other internet browser and see if it is working correctly without any errors. If this is the case, then the problem is with Google Chrome, and you may need to clean install it to fix this issue.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂