If your trackpad isn’t working or you generally don’t rely on it and use a traditional mouse, then you might be familiar with the issue of the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not connecting to windows 10. Bluetooth mice are much more common these days due to their flexibility. While being so advantageous, it cannot be delightful if the windows 10 Bluetooth mouse stops working.
The primary causes for the error can be incorrect settings, corrupted drivers, or unstable connections. These can be quickly resolved by following simple steps like reconnecting the device, updating drivers, or deleting malware. This guide will help you to fix your Bluetooth mouse.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to fix Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse not Connecting Windows 10
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
How to fix Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse not Connecting Windows 10
Despite the cause for the error, you will be able to ensure the proper functioning of your mouse by the end of this guide. The steps to follow are,
Restart PC or Reconnect the Mouse
Sometimes while surfing the net, some unwanted defective files get downloaded that hinder your Bluetooth performance and result in the Bluetooth mouse not working. To remove these, restart your PC with proper boot devices and then reconnect your Bluetooth again. In most cases, the error gets resolved here itself.
Check Bluetooth Settings
Some users also accidentally close the Bluetooth access to save power. To turn it back on,
- Go to device manager from the start menu, or if it doesn’t work from the windows essential.
- Search for Bluetooth adapter and open it
- When you find the Bluetooth mouse driver, right-click it
- In the properties section, go to power management
- Turn off the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option.
This will ensure that your settings are not hindering your performance.
It is very common for your Bluetooth mouse to run out of battery and cause the error Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse Not Connecting Windows 10. To resolve this, try the current batteries in some other devices; if it doesn’t work, then change them, but if they do, continue with the steps below.
Set to Show the Mouse Pointer
The settings of your system might be disabling the mouse. To crosscheck these,
- Press the Windows key or if it doesn’t work, go to the start menu and open settings.
- Look for devices and under that mouse.
- When you find the additional mouse options open, its related settings
- In the mouse properties interface, go to pointer options
- Click on show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key and exit
Now restart your pc to remove the error Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not connecting windows 10
Update or Reinstall Drivers
Corrupted or outdated drivers can be a significant cause too for Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not working. To update or remove these,
- Open the start menu and tap on the device manager.
- Tap on mice and other pointing devices and expand the option by right-clicking.
- Look for update drivers to update and uninstall drivers to remove in the list.
- Click on search automatically for drivers and click on ok or reinstall the same from the official website.
Reconnect your device and check for the error.
Remove Idle Mouse
If you try to use a wired mouse with a wireless one, you are creating a problem. Remove one of the devices for the other one to function correctly.
The error can be a result of outdated windows itself. To check this, go to settings, and in the update and security section, check and update windows.
With every windows update, the drivers and the software are also updated.
One of the easiest ways to fix the issue is to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter. To do this,
- In the start menu, search troubleshooting.
- In the troubleshooting window, go to Bluetooth
- Run the troubleshooter by clicking on next
After this, check if the issue of the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not connecting windows 10 is resolved.
How to connect a Bluetooth mouse to a Windows 10?
Go to Bluetooth settings by entering ‘Bluetooth’ in Search bar, and then click Bluetooth and other device settings. Find the option Add Bluetooth or another device, then enable pairing mode and connect.
How to resolve my Bluetooth mouse drivers not working on Windows 10?
Corrupted or outdated drivers can be a major cause too. To update or remove these, Open the start menu and tap on device manager. Find mice and other pointing devices and expand the option by right clicking In the list look for update drivers to update and uninstall driver to remove. Click on search automatically for drivers and click on ok or reinstall the same from the official website
With guidance from this article, we hope you were able to fully resolve the error of the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse not connecting windows 10. If the lag issue persists, it can be due to faulty hardware, and you might need a replacement. Contact the manufacturer and register a complaint under why is my Bluetooth mouse not working or my Bluetooth mouse won’t connect to the file for a replacement.
Mauro Huculak is a technical writer. His primary focus is to write comprehensive how-tos to help users get the most out of Windows 10 and its many related technologies. He has an IT background with professional certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA, and he’s a recognized member of the Microsoft MVP community.