Your Connection is Not Private is an error many users have come across while using the Internet.
But what does this error actually mean? Let’s get into the details of it. Having realized the power of the Internet, Internet users have risen considerably over the years now. However, the most vulnerable part of using the Internet is probably data security. To fix Uplay connection issue, click here!
There are hackers ready to steal your data with the very first they get. In Chrome Your Connection is Not Private is one of the ways through which they have the means to steal your highly confidential data. If while visiting a website that is secured via SSL method, known as https, you get an error message Your Connection is Not Private, then the cause for this error is likely the fact that someone is trying to get your confidential data through the insecure connection.
Secured Socket Layer or SSL is a security layer responsible for establishing links between a web server and a browser while keeping the data secured with some kind of encryption over the data.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why does this Error Occurs?
- 2 How to Fix Your Connection is Not Private in Chrome
- 3 Conclusion
Why does this Error Occurs?
The majority of Internet users use Google Chrome as their preferred browser, it is necessary for your browser to check whether your connection is secured. So, if the error Your Connection Not Private shows up, it is because of this SSL error that the internet connection does not allow the Google Chrome browser to get the webpage from the web server in a secure way.
Also Read: Err_SSL_Version_Or_Cipher_Mismatch Error
This SSL error is probably due to the following three main reasons:
- Your SSL certificate has expired.
- Your SSL certificate is not issued by a trusted entity.
- Your SSL connection is not secured.
However, you cannot do much if your SSL certificate has expired or not certified by a trusted organization. You can solve the SSL error if the error is on your system. Having known the reasons for the error, it is now the time to fix Your Connection is Not Private in Chrome.
Also Check: This Site Cannot Be Reached in Google Chrome
How to Fix Your Connection is Not Private in Chrome
Here are the Top 5 methods which you can use to solve this error in Chrome:
Method 1: Verify Date and Time
While verifying the SSL certificate, the browser checks the date and time. If the date and time on your system are found inconsistent with the SSL certificate, the browser throws the Your Connection is Not Private error.
So, update the date and time in your system. Once updated, refresh the page to see that the error goes away and you are good to go.
Also Check: Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error
Method 2: Scrutinize your Antivirus Software or Firewall Settings
If you have some antivirus installed in your system, it is better to see the settings of the antivirus program and switch off the ‘SSL scan’ option. Some antivirus programs are sensitive and do not permit to use of a website if it has detected some kind of fishiness in the SSL certificate. However, if you are unable to locate the ‘SSL scan’ option, you can test if the error has gone by turning off the antivirus program temporarily.
Method 3: Clear the Browsing Data in Chrome
In case of large amounts of browsing data stored, the error is likely to be shown time and again. So, it is better to clear the browsing data. For this, the steps are:
1. At First, click on the menu icon from the top-right corner of the window.
2. Then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Afterward, locate the Show advanced settings option.
4. Then go to the privacy tab and click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
5. Afterward, clear the browsing history that you want to delete and finally click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
Now check to see the error has gone by restarting the browser.
Method 4: Use the Incognito Mode of Chrome
This method is a way to detect if some extension that is responsible for the error. Follow the given steps:
Also Check: Error Code 0xc00d36c4 While Playing Videos/Music
1. At First, open the incognito mode, either by using CTRL+ Shift + N or going to the menu on the top-right corner of the window and select the option New Incognito Window.
2. Then check if the website opens up. If yes, then certainly there is a problem with some Extension.
3. So, go to the top-right corner of the window, and click on the menu icon to select the Settings option from the drop-down.
4. Afterward, click on Extensions on the left-side of the window that will show all the extensions.
5. Check if any extension is hampering the SSL connection. If we found any such extension, uncheck the Enable option for that extension.
If none of the above methods work, you can probably go on to try the next option that bypasses the SSL connection.
Method 5: Move to the Website with an Insecure Connection
It is the last option you need to need to resort to if nothing of the above tricks works. It involves bypassing the SSL private connection to see the website in an insecure mode. Follow the below steps:
Also Read: 10 Best Free Stock Photo Sites in 2019
1. At First, go to the website where the Your Connection is Not Private error page shows up.
2. Then scroll down a little to see the Advanced link.
However, we have noted that this is a risk to your private data and go forward with this option temporarily only if there is nothing else that worked to resolve the error and if you are confident enough that the website you are visiting is absolutely safe.
Here are 5 methods, I hope one of these options will definitely solve the error of Your Connection is Not Private in Chrome.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂