DPC stands for “Deferred Procedure Call” and “Watchdog” exemplify “bug checker” which monitors your PC performance and Windows programs. When the Violation message is displayed, your system watchdog is devastated. This error of DPC Watchdog Violation usually appears when you update your PC to a recent version of Windows 10. When your system’s screen goes blue, it’s like a nightmare for you! You have nothing left except to restart your PC and possibility of data loss increases. Among all the blue screen errors, DPC_Watchdog_Violation is one of the most frequent errors seen on Windows 10.
If you see this error of DPC Watchdog Violation on your screen, then no need to worry about it, you are not alone! As this error of DPC Watchdog Violation is common, there are various solutions available to resolve it. In most of the cases, you will see this error of DPC Watchdog Violation when your system is installed wrongly or outdated.
In a few cases, incompatible hardware, unsupported SSD firmware, damaged system files, aged SSD driver model and software conflict can also be the reasons to occur DPC Watchdog Violation error. To fix the issue of incompatible hardware, remove the hardware that can be a reason for this issue. And, if you are using SSD in your system then, firstly you have to check out the firmware version of SSD because it should be latest.
Bookmark This: Delete System Error Memory Dump Files
Some clients also reported that when they move back and forth along with their headphones, the blue screen of DPC Watchdog Violation appears. This is due to the sound card that doesn’t fit in their Windows version and the software installations that affect the system’s software. It may be the most irritating error that you have ever been through.
How to Fix Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen Error in Windows 10
Below given are the few solutions to resolve this DPC Watchdog Violation error:
Solution 1: Update All System Drivers
By updating or repairing Windows drivers, you can fix this issue. You can either go with a System driver updater tool or manually apply the solution.
1. At First, press the Windows Key along with R to open Run Dialog box.
2. Then within the Run Dialog box, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter.
3. Afterward, find IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
4. Then right-click on the driver which you want to update and choose Update driver.
5. Finally, choose the method to update the driver which you have selected.
Solution 2: Perform a Disk Check to Remove Corrupt Files
A corrupt file is one of the most common reasons for DPC Watchdog Violation error. So, check your system for corrupt files first. This method can be used to ensure that your disk is in a good state.
1. At First, press the Windows Key and type “cmd.”
2. Then right-click on the Command prompt and choose Run as administrator.
3. Afterward, click Yes to the prompt displayed to continue.
4. Then type “chkdsk/f/r” then hit Enter.
5. Then press Y.
6. Finally, reboot your PC.
Solution 3: Reinstall display driver in safe mode
1. At First, open Run and type msconfig then hit Enter.
2. Then choose Boot tab and under Boot options, check Safe boot and Network.
3. Afterward, click OK then select Restart. Now, you are in Safe mode.
4. Then go to Device manager.
5. Expand the Display adapters and right-click it to Uninstall.
6. Check on Delete, the driver software for this device.
7. Then select OK.
8. Finally, restart your system.
Solution 4: Turn off Fast Startup
Though Fast Startup is an excellent feature sometimes, it can be a reason for unexpected issues. So, try to disable the Fast startup.
1. Open Run and type “powercfg.cpl” then hit Enter.
2. The Power Options are displayed then click on Choose what the power buttons do.
3. Then Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
4. Afterward, uncheck Turn on Fast startup.
5. Finally, select Save changes.
Solution 5: Reset or Re-install windows
Many Windows 10 clients found this method helpful to fix DPC Watchdog Violation issue. Here are the steps to fix it:
1. At First, turn on your system in Safe mode.
2. Within PC Settings, go to Update and Recovery options and choose Recovery.
3. Then choose the suitable option.
4. Finally, reset your PC.
You can also do that by your pen drive or bootable DVD. To do it, you need to restart your system and repair your computer from “Windows setup menu.”
Solution 6: Update Firmware of Your SSD (Solid State Driver)
If you are using solid state driver (SSD), then you must download the latest version from manufacturer’s site. Here are the few steps to check the model number of your SSD:
1. At First, press the “Windows key” along with “E” to open the “File Explorer.”
2. Then right-click on This PC and select Properties.
3. Choose Device Manager from the left-hand side.
4. A list of drivers is displayed from which you can easily find out the type of SSD and the model number of your driver.
Solution 7: Fix System Files
It is one of the easiest ways to fix DPC Watchdog Violation issue.
1. At First, disconnect the Internet first.
2. Disable security software installed on your systems like Internet security or Antivirus.
3. Then open the command prompt and type “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter.
4. Wait for the process to complete and Restart your PC.
Solution 8: Install the available updates
Many times, when you install the Windows updates, it may happen that all updates have not been installed on your PC and that may cause DPC Watchdog Violation error. To fix this issue, follow the given steps:
1. At First, Go to Start.
2. Within the Search box, type update and hit Enter.
3. A dialog box with Windows updates will be displayed.
4. If you find any updates then, click Install updates.
- 1 How to Fix Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen Error in Windows 10
- 1.1 Solution 1: Update All System Drivers
- 1.2 Solution 2: Perform a Disk Check to Remove Corrupt Files
- 1.3 Solution 3: Reinstall display driver in safe mode
- 1.4 Solution 4: Turn off Fast Startup
- 1.5 Solution 5: Reset or Re-install windows
- 1.6 Solution 6: Update Firmware of Your SSD (Solid State Driver)
- 1.7 Solution 7: Fix System Files
- 1.8 Solution 8: Install the available updates