Thread Stuck in Device Driver (Windows 10) is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 4 Ways to Fix Thread Stuck in Device Driver in Windows 10. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem.
THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER is a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that can be caused by a driver file that is caught in an endless loop. The stop code for this error is 0x000000EA. As the name of the error itself suggests, this error is a device driver issue and not a hardware problem. Therefore this issue can be resolved by making a few changes in the software settings.
The leading cause of the Thread Stuck in Device Driver error would be a faulty or outdated device driver. But at sometimes this error may appear after a driver was updated or just after the Windows was installed. The error showing up after the update or new installation is because of the driver conflict. A damaged video card can also be the cause of this error. Maybe an outdated or Old BIOS and even Bad Memory can be the reason behind this error.
See Also: Fix No Boot Device Found Error
You may receive one of the following errors, depending on your computer:
STOP Error 0xEA : THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.
The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug check has a value of 0x000000EA.
Whatever may be the reason behind this error, the solutions are simple and can be done by almost anyone. The most primary method would be to do a Driver or BIOS update, and the error should be resolved. This can also lead to Critical Structure Corruption Errorso fix it as fast as you can.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Thread Stuck in Device Driver (Windows 10)
Here we introduce you to 4 of the best methods you can use to resolve the Thread Stuck in Device Driver issue. The first 3 methods are simple and can be done without any external help, but for the last method, we suggest expert help or supervision.
Updating the Drivers of Graphic Cards
1. At First, press Windows Key+R and type in “devmgmt.msc”, then click OK to open Device Manager.
2. Click to expand Display Adapters and right click on your Graphic Card, then Select the Update Driver Software option.
3. In the How do you want to search for driver software? Window select Search automatically for updated driver software. After that wait for the process to finish.
4. Or you can manually download the drivers from your computer manufacturer’s website.
5. If the update could not complete, then go back and again select the Update Driver Software option.
6. Afterward, in the window, select Browse my computer for driver software.
7. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
8. Check the list and select the appropriate driver and click Next.
9. After the process has completed, finally, restart your computer.
Disabling Hardware Acceleration
1. First, search for Display in the windows search and select Display Settings from the search results.
2. Then open the Change Display Settings option and then click on Advanced Settings.
3. Afterward, go to the Troubleshoot Tab and open Change Settings.
4. Then click & Drag the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.
5. Afterward, click OK and then Click Apply.
6. Restart your Computer, and this should have fixed the Thread Stuck in Device Driver error.
Update Your Windows
Updating Windows may fix Thread Stuck in Device Driver error. Follow the steps to do it:
1. At First, Press the Windows Key+I and then Click Update & Security from the settings window.
2. Then Click on Check for Updates to check for any latest update for Windows released by Microsoft.
3. If there are any pending updates, then download and install all the latest updates.
4. After the updates are completed, reboot your computer and check whether the Thread Stuck in Device Driver error is resolved or not.
Updating your BIOS can also fix Thread Stuck in Device Driver error on your PC.
1. The BIOS (Basic Input Output System) update is a critical task. Make sure that nothing goes wrong as it can seriously damage your system. We recommend that this update should be done under expert supervision.
2. Firstly, you have to identify your BIOS version. To find it, Press the Windows Key + R and then type in “msinfo32” and then click OK to open the System Information window.
3. After the System Information window is opened, find your BIOS Version and Date then note them down.
4. Then navigate to the website of your computer manufacturer and then enter the serial number of your computer. Or you can select the auto to detect option if they have it.
5. Afterward, select BIOS from the list of drivers shown, download the recommended updates for your BIOS. (Do not turn off your computer or disconnect your internet connection while downloading and installing the BIOS update. It may damage your system)
6. After you download the updated File, double-click on the file to run it.
7. It Runs the Update to your computer’s BIOS.
8. After the completion of the BIOS update, check whether you have fixed the Thread Stuck in Device Driver issue or not.
These steps would surely help you to fix the Thread Stuck in Device Driver error for windows 10. The error seems to be a hazardous issue and being unable to fix it well can cause damage to your system. But we test our methods of fixing the error and it successful in resolving the issue on your computer. Lastly, this may also be due to Random Windows Restart Error in your PC.
Still, we recommend you to go through these steps thoroughly and understand them completely before attempting any of these fixes, as even a small mistake can damage your system. Also, we recommend you to create a backup point before starting to fix the issue, as it saves your files just in case anything goes wrong. We hope that you can successfully resolve the issue with the help of our instructions.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂