If you consider yourself tech-savvy, you probably know what a CSR8510 A10 driver error is. Many people have complained of the CSR8510 A10 driver error these days, whereas several windows users are pointing out that they are having trouble with the Bluetooth dongle. A common issue with the dongle can be a corrupt driver or incompatible driver version, and so on.
Apart from the reason mentioned above, the disabled Bluetooth devices also hinder the proper working of the csr8510 a10 driver. Most of the time, the csr8510 a10 driver error occurs because the driver is not up to date. When facing a similar situation, you can try the most basic way to solve this situation: to update the driver. If you face this trouble after updating, roll back the driver, and you will be good to go. Enabling Bluetooth might also be a good fix for this error. Or try installing it again to remove the corrupt data and make sure you have installed an updated version of the driver.
Read this article and choose the way that suits you best to fix the dongle driver error.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons For CSR8510 A10 Driver Error
- 2 Four Ways To Fix CSR8510 A10 Driver Error
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Reasons For CSR8510 A10 Driver Error
There can be several reasons that are causing your CSR8510 A10 driver to crash. A few potential causes of the csr8510 a10 driver problem are mentioned below.
- The system file has been damaged.
- A missing or out-of-date driver.
- Bluetooth stack installation failed.
- Critical Bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- The correct driver version cannot be installed using Device Manager.
- The Bluetooth driver is not compatible with the OS version.
Four Ways To Fix CSR8510 A10 Driver Error
Worried about how to fix the CSR8510 A10 error? Dont worry. We have compiled a step-by-step guide that will help you fix the error in no time. Follow the steps given below to get the driver fixed efficiently:
Update The Driver
As already stated, the CSR8510 A10 driver error can be due to an outdated driver, which means your driver needs an update to function properly. If you are facing this issue with the CSR8510 A10 driver, check if the driver is updated. Check to follow through.
- Press Windows+X and click on device manager.
- Press on the arrow beside Bluetooth, then update the CSR8510 A10 driver by right-clicking on it. Proceed by clicking on Update driver.
- Opt for “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software,” an update method as you desire. Then carry out according to the instructions to complete the task.
Reinstall The CSR8510 A10 Driver
Deleting a driver and reinstalling it might help if your driver is up-to-date. But if your CSR8510 A10 is still not working, ensure the driver is compatible and supportable. If the driver is incompatible, don’t panic. Just uninstall the driver and reinstall it.
- Press Windows+X and click on device manager.
- Press the arrow beside Bluetooth, uninstall the CSR8510 A10 driver by right-clicking on it, and proceed by clicking on uninstall the driver. Then press yes.
Wait for it to uninstall before going ahead and installing the driver again.
Allowing The Bluetooth Services
The Bluetooth dongle driver error can also occur due to the alteration in the Bluetooth services. Either it accidentally got altered, or the system did it. But enabling these services will automatically fix the dongle driver error.
- Press Windows+R on a PC; the run dialogue box will appear, then type “services.msc” in it. Click on Enter. The services screen will appear.
- Scroll down and find Bluetooth Support Services. Right-click and click on Properties.
- Visit the General tab and, through dropbox, change the Startup type from manual to Automatic.
- Save changes by pressing Apply.
- Next, change the Bluetooth Handsfree Services in the services window following the same steps.
- Restart your pc and see if you are facing a CSR8510 A10 driver error.
Downgrade The Driver
The updated driver can also cause the CSR8510 A10 driver error if it’s corrupted or not downloaded properly. In a situation like this, you can try downgrading the driver or going back to the previous version of the driver. It is very simple to roll back or downgrade the driver.
- Using Windows+X, a pop-up menu will appear; select Device Manager from the pop-up menu.
- Press on the arrow beside Bluetooth and right-click on CSR8510 A10. Then choose properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Roll Back Driver option beneath the Driver.
- The previous version of the Bluetooth dongle will start downloading.
See Also: 10 Ways To Fix Driver Corrupted Expool
Download Bluetooth Stack
The CSR8510 A10 driver error can also occur if the Bluetooth stack is missing. Try installing a Bluetooth stack. To download it, follow along.
- On your computer, launch a browser, type in “Bluetooth Stack,” and click “Download.”
- Download the file by pressing on download. To open a downloaded file, click on it twice.
- Complete the instructions on the screen, finish the entire process and reboot the system.
Find here: Bluestacks 10
Get Here: Bluestacks 5
Why Bluetooth is showing the driver error?
A few potential causes of the CSR8510 A10 driver problem include the system file being dysfunctional, Bluetooth stack installation failure, or disability in Bluetooth functionality. A missing or out-of-date driver may be the root of the CSR8510 A10 driver issue. Additionally, there may be several other causes. Device Manager is unable to install the correct driver version. Or the Bluetooth driver is not compatible with the OS version.
How can I update the Bluetooth driver?
You can manually update the Bluetooth driver in the device manager or download a third-party app for an automatic driver update. You can see the steps in detail in the first method mentioned in this article for manual updates.
Why my device manager is not showing Bluetooth?
The Bluetooth might not be visible on your device because it may be hidden in the Device manager. Go to hidden devices in the device manager, and you will surely find it there.
How to reinstall the Bluetooth Driver?
You can reinstall it in multiple ways, but one of the easiest ways is to reinstall it through the Device manager. All you have to do is open Device manager by clicking on windows+X > click on Scan for hardware changes from the menu on the top. Now the windows will detect the missing drivers automatically and install them back.
See Also: Fix: “Currently This Hardware Device Is Not Connected To The Computer”
Now that you know the causes and solutions to the failure of a CSR8510 a10 drive, you can have a go at it with ease. The steps mentioned in this article will help you easily fix your Bluetooth dongle driver error. Even though drivers might become outdated, invisible, or corrupt, repairing them is not difficult. Keep on updating the drivers from time to time. If that doesn’t help, follow the other ways to fix it.
Mauro Huculak: Technical writer specializing in Windows 10 and related technologies. Microsoft MVP with extensive IT background and certifications.