The Err_Connection_Reset is an error that shows the website you are trying to visit is not able to establish a stable connection with the destination website you want to visit. This error can be caused by Registry changes or Changes in the network settings. It won’t happen on all websites as some sites may work but others may not. This error could be fixed with the help of correct troubleshooting.
This is a widespread error on the internet, and it is mostly in the Google Chrome Browser. There are a few common causes for this error to appear in your browser. The most common reasons are an error with your Google Chrome Browser, the DNS probe would have finished no internet & error caused by the family are already a few steps that will be mentioned in the error message.
So always try those steps first. But if you still could not fix the error, then you can use these following steps to troubleshoot the Err_Connection_Reset error in Google Chrome.
- 1 How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error
- 1.1 Method #1 Setup Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
- 1.2 Method #2 Clearing Browser Cache
- 1.3 Method #3 Temporarily Disable Antivirus Program
- 1.4 Method #4 Disable AppEx Networks Accelerator Feature
- 1.5 Method #5 Using Netsh Winsock Reset Command
- 1.6 Method #6 Disable Proxy
- 1.7 Method #7 Update Chrome
- 1.8 Method #8 Resetting Chrome Browser Settings
- 1.9 Method #9 Check Your Internet Connection
- 1.10 Method #10 VPN Connection Issue
- 1.11 Method #11 Reset TCP/IP Settings
- 2 Final Thoughts
How to Fix Err_Connection_Reset Error
Before trying to follow any of these methods, try to create a restore point so that even if something goes wrong, your files will be safe. But before we move towards the methods, make sure Chrome doesn’t has the Err Connection Timed Out Error.
Method #1 Setup Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
1. At first, press the Windows Key+R and then type in “ncpa.cpl” and click OK. It will open Network Connections.
2. Then check and note down the name of your Active Wireless Network Connection.
3. Now press the Windows Key + X and then select the Command Prompt (Admin).
4. After that type the following command:
Note: – Remember to replace the name of your network with the actual name.
netsh interface IPv4 set subinterface “Name of the Network Connection 4” mtu=1472 store=persitent)
5. After the Command is entered, check if the error persists.
Method #2 Clearing Browser Cache
1. At First, Open Google Chrome and open “History” (Ctrl+H).
2. Then Click on Clear Browsing Data.
3. Make sure that the beginning of time is selected for the Obliterate the following items from the option.
4. Also, select the following items (check mark):
Cookies and other sire and plugin data.
Cached images and files.
Autofill form data.
5. Then Click on the Clear Browsing Data button option after all these are selected. The Clearing will be completed soon.
6. Afterward, close your browser and Restart your computer.
7. Finally, check whether the err connection reset error is fixed.
Also, read –
Method #3 Temporarily Disable Antivirus Program
Sometimes the Antivirus installed on your computer may be the cause of the Err_Connection_Reset Chrome error. To make sure whether your antivirus causes the error, you should disable the antivirus so that you can check if the error persists or not.
1. At First, right-click on the Antivirus Program (Avast in my case) icon from the system tray.
2. Then, select Avast shield Control & the time for which you want the Antivirus to remain Disable. (Try to Choose the smallest time frame, 15 to 30 minutes will be enough)
3. Simply, provide confirmation if prompted.
4. Afterward, the Antivirus has disabled, open your browser and check whether the error is fixed.
5. If the error gets correct after disabling your antivirus, then try uninstalling and reinstalling your antivirus program.
Method #4 Disable AppEx Networks Accelerator Feature
The AppEx Networks Accelerator maybe a cause of the Err_Connection_Reset error on your Google Chrome. It has been found that at times this feature may cause the error. If it is the reason, then you can check the error by disabling the AppEx Networks Accelerator feature.
1. At First, go to Network Card Properties.
2. Then uncheck AppEx Networks Accelerator.
3. After that, you can check if the error is fixed.
Also, read –
Method #5 Using Netsh Winsock Reset Command
1. At first, press Windows Key+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Afterward, the Admin Command Prompt opens, type in the following commands and hit enter after each one:
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
3. Finally, Reboot to apply the changes and check whether the error has resolved.
Method #6 Disable Proxy
1. At First, press the Windows Key + R and then type “inetcpl.cpl” and click OK. This will Open the Internet Properties.
2. Now Navigate to Connections tab and select LAN Settings.
3. Afterward, uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN option and choose Automatically Detect Settings option.
4. Finally, Click OK then Click Apply and Reboot your Computer.
Method #7 Update Chrome
Make sure that you Google Chrome Browser updates to the latest version. To Update Chrome:
1. At first, click Chrome Menu.
2. Then open Help and then Select About Google Chrome.
3. Afterward, chrome will Check for any Updates.
4. Finally, Click Relaunch to apply any Available Updates.
Method #8 Resetting Chrome Browser Settings
1. At First, open Google Chrome.
2. Then click on the Chrome Menu.
3. Then select Settings.
4. Afterward, choose Show Advanced Setting.
5. Then Click Reset Settings under the Reset Settings section.
6. Finally, restart your Browser and check whether this site can’t be reached the connection was reset.
Method #9 Check Your Internet Connection
Whenever you come across he ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Google Chrome, the first thing you should do is check your internet connectivity. If your connection is wired, see if the cables are correctly connected and not disturbed. If your connection is wireless, see that your Wi-Fi is not fluctuating. Remember, having a wireless sign in the task does not always mean that you have an internet connection. If the connection issue is not solved, try restarting your computer and then try loading the page that had thrown an error earlier.
Method #10 VPN Connection Issue
The most probable reason for the fluctuation of internet connection is a change in network or IP settings. Please ensure that VPN is not blocking your internet connection. VPN’s option for network lock is responsible for such blocking. This usually happens when you switch servers.
Method #11 Reset TCP/IP Settings
The change in IP address may lead to the Err_Connection_Reset error.
1. Press Windows Key + X & choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
2. Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt one by one & hit Enter after each.
netsh winsock reset
nets hint ip reset
3. Reboot your computer and check if you’re getting this error or not.
Don’t miss out these –
These Are the most useful Methods you can use to troubleshoot the Err_Connection_Reset error. Always keep in mind to read the settings and command carefully before entering those values, even a tiny mistake can affect your computer.
Some of these are very dangerous, so we suggest that you seek help from a professional. Go through the settings carefully to avoid damage to your computer or loss of internet connection. We hope that these settings have helped you to solve the issue with your Google Chrome Browser.