Kmode Exception Not Handled: When you say that you are one of the millions of users of the Windows Operating System, you might be feeling way too good. But, this brings bad news, that is, the Windows Operating system has in it many issues that the users have to face now and then. The users are, therefore required to have some necessary troubleshooting skills so that they can fix the several issues that they are bound to encounter while using the Windows Operating system.
What is the Kmode Exception Not Handled Error?
The Kmode exception not handled error is just another type of the Blue Screen of Death Errors (BSOD) that we come across from time to time. It is an indication that there are some conflicting drivers or some particular driver is causing the system to crash.
What Causes the Kmode Exception Not Handled Error?
The leading causes that have been reported to be behind the occurrence of the “Kmode exception not handled” error has been listed below. But this list is not exhaustive as the error varies from one system to another.
- Obsolete Driver Software in use.
- Outdated firmware in use.
- Too less memory space available.
After knowing the causes behind the error, fixing the Kmode_exception_not_handled error will become a lot easier for you.
The Kmode exception not handled Windows 10 is a relatively more uncomplicated error, and we can fix easily within a matter of a few minutes.
See Also: –
How to Fix Kmode Exception Not Handled
In this article, we have discussed some of the most effective ways in which you can fix the Kmode_exception_not_handled Windows 10 error easily. Some users might require the use of multiple methods to get the issue fixed completely.
Method 1: Uninstall the Driver Displayed in the Error Message
In most of the cases, when the error message appears on the screen, it shows the name of the driver that has caused the error in the computer system. To get the issue fixed, you should uninstall that particular driver immediately and then reinstall the latest version of the driver again. The steps guiding you through the entire process as discussed in this method are:
1. First of all, press the Windows Key + X to open up the pop up for various services.
2. Then choose Device Manager from the list displayed.
2. Afterward, select the required driver (i.e., showing an error message) and Uninstall device.
5. After uninstall is complete, download the latest version of the driver again.
6. Then install the driver on your computer system.
7. Finally, restart the computer System.
After completing the process mentioned above, the Kmode exception not handled issue will be solved. But if it does not get resolved, then the drivers are working fine, and some other factor is causing the error. To fix that, follow the methods below.
Also Learn: –
Method 2: Free Up Memory Space on Your Computer
After extended use of the computer system, the system has an accumulation various file and folders, several old files, old downloads and what not. All these items eat up a lot of disk space in your computer system and they together become the cause of several errors including the one under discussion, the, i.e., the Kmode exception not handled error. To get rid of this error, a method is to free up the disk space. After doing this, the error will not show up again if it has occurred due to low space on disk.
Method 3: Update the Drivers to the Latest Version
Updating drivers manually is a tiresome task as it involves a long wait while the drivers are being downloaded and also a further waiting time while they are being installed. Thus, most of the users are too lazy to update it. But, these non updated drivers and software are behind the various errors that an average user has to face while using the computer. Thus, we always recommend updating the drivers periodically. The steps to update the drivers manually are:
1. First of all, open Device Manager. (A shortcut is to type “devicemgr” in Run Command)
2. You can also press Windows Key+X to choose Device Manager from the menu.
3. Afterward, click on Update Driver.
4. Now either choose Search automatically for updated driver software or Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Then wait for all the drivers to update.
6. Finally, restart the computer system for the changes to take effect.
Now that the drivers have updated, there are very slim chances of the Kmode exception not handled in Windows 10 showing up again. But, if the error shows up yet again, then you need to follow the next method discussed below.
Method 4: Open the Computer System in Safe Mode to Check for Errors
Whenever the system is out of order, the best method to get to know the causes of the issues faced is to open it in safe mode. The reason is straightforward, as the computer runs on minimum resources and thus, it is relatively easy to find out the cause. The steps to boot the computer system in safe mode are:
1. First of all, start the system and press any key.
2. Then select Repair Your Computer.
3. Choose Troubleshoot option.
4. Afterward, click on Advanced Options.
5. Select Startup Settings.
6. Click on the Restart tab at the right bottom of the screen.
7. Finally, press F4, F5 and F6 keys which correspond to Boot in Safe Mode.
Now your system will boot into safe mode, and you can check the cause of the issue and fix it. Fixing that issue will also fix the kmode_exception_not_handled Windows 10 error.
Also see: –
These were the methods that we can use to fix the Windows 10 Kmode exception not handled in Windows. These methods will help you to fix the issue entirely. If the issue is yet unsolved, contact the developers immediately.
- 1 What is the Kmode Exception Not Handled Error?
- 2 What Causes the Kmode Exception Not Handled Error?
- 3 How to Fix Kmode Exception Not Handled
- 4 Conclusion