While using Windows 10, one may encounter the problem of NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue Error. This might occur due to various reasons. Perhaps at times, Graphic Card Driver issues occur due to incompatible graphics hardware. Such Installation failure leads the user towards annoyance and irritation.
At an initial level, always be assured of the fact that the Windows are installed to the latest version. The struggle between the NVIDIA installer and Windows exists since ancient times. The most significant challenge is to find the exact issue behind the failure of the installation.
How to Fix NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue Issue
Just don’t panic because your worries are sure to be terminated here. There are various solutions applied to solve the issue successfully. Kindly, look at all the methods explained below and follow it step by step.
Method 1: Update Drivers and Enable Graphic Cards
The drivers are always needed to be updated on time as per the requirement of the situation. Here are a few simple steps that ought to be followed to update the drivers manually.
Step 1- At First, Go to Start Menu.
Step 2- Then Type Control Panel in Search Bar and hit Enter.
Step 3- From the Control Panel items displayed; navigate below for Device Manager.
Step 4- Then Double Click on it to open.
Step 5- Locate Display adapters below and expand the option. Also, check for any Display Driver Stopped Responding notification or error.
Step 6- After that, Right Click on your Nvidia Graphic Card and Select Enable.
Step 7- Once done, Again Right Click on Nvidia Graphic Card and Select Update Driver Software.
Step 8- Later, Choose the option Search Automatically for updated driver software.
Step 9- Follow the instructions as prompted on the screen.
Step 10- Terminate the process.
Step 11- Then Check if the fix to NVIDIA Installer Failed Windows 7 Error is applied. If not, then repeat Steps 1 -7. Also, check for error like NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue.
Step 12- Select Update Driver Software but select Browse my computer for driver software option on the screen prompted this time.
Step 13- Later, select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Step 14- Now browse the compatible driver from your system.
Step 15- Then Click Next.
Step 16- After the end of process apply the changes you made
Step 17- Finally, Restart your System and see if you fix it. If not, then there might be the NVIDIA Driver Crashing in Windows 10 error in your system as well.
Explore below for further methods if the problem persists. Shortcut to open Device Manager:
1. Press Windows Key + R to open Run Window.
2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager.
You will like –
Method 2: Kill all NVIDIA Processes from the task manager
Killing the running processes related to NVIDIA is one of the solutions that can execute to resolve the problem of NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue Error. The steps are given below:
Step 1- At First, Go to Start Menu.
Step 2- Then type Task Manager in the search bar.
Step 3- Locate the NVIDIA process and Click to End Process. Also, check for Windows 10 100% Disk Usage in Task Manager. You find the fix on our website for this error as well.
Step 4- Finally, Restart the Computer.
Fix these errors too –
Method 3: Disable Antivirus and Firewall
The antivirus restricts the installation of NVIDIA. We thereby suggest closing all the running firewall and antivirus temporarily. We can do this quickly by killing the processes related to Antivirus from the Task Manager. Then, installation can carry back again. The steps to be followed are as given below:
Bookmark This: How to Temporarily Disable Avast Antivirus
Step 1- At First, Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open Task Manager.
Step 2- Navigate below for all the processes related to Antivirus.
Step 3- Then Select the target process and End Process.
Step 4- Restart your system.
Step 5- Finally, Install NVIDIA again.
This is one of the solutions to NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue Error.
Method 4: Add the Device Id of the Graphic Cards manually
The card, at times, detects incorrectly by the system that leads to the installation failure of NVIDIA. As a solution, the device id can manually enter by the user. The steps to do so are given below:
- At First, Go to Start Menu.
- Type Control Panel in Search Bar and hit Enter.
- From the Control Panel items displayed; navigate below for Device Manager.
- Then Locate Display adapters below and expand the option.
- After that, Right Click on your Nvidia Graphic Card.
- Select Properties.
- 7 – From the Properties Window, select Details Tab.
- Then Select Hardware Ids from the drop-down menu under Property label.
- The Id exists in the form of PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FD1&SUBSYS_05781828&REV_A2\4&274689E5&0&0108 where VEN stands for Vendor-Id (10DE), and DEV stands for Device Id (0FD).
- Visit the website www.pcidatabase.com. Enter the obtained Vendor Id and Device Id.
- Then Click on the Search button.
- Now you will get the device name and the vendor name (NVIDIA).
- Finally, Install and Update the NVIDIA Driver to the latest version.
Method 5: Remove all the redundant files
Removal of redundant files as stated below to solve the installation failure error of the system. The files are:
• C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdsp.inf file
• C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_lh file
• C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvoclock file
• C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
• C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
You might also like –
At the end of this article, I hope the readers can fix the problem of NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue Error or NVIDIA Driver Not Installing. Out of all tries made, if you are still facing the matter then out of no choice, one can reinstall Windows 10 again.
Now, remember to keep the backup of the essential files. To a better alternative, download and install a software name Driver Easy. Also, it will scan the error, on your system and suggest updating of different required errors that might exhibit the installation.
- 1 How to Fix NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue Issue
- 2 Final Thoughts