Netflix is the leading subscription service for watching TV episodes, web series, and movies. In the last few months, the demand for Netflix has been so high as there were lockdowns worldwide that keep people at home where they want to be entertained. Many people enjoy the streaming service that Netflix provides as it allows you to watch thousands of movies and television shows on your demand. An issue Netflix freezing computer shows up after the recent app launch.
Unfortunately, no service is without its problems. Your streaming Netflix video or app may stop working or freeze, which can spoil your mood and may interrupt your entertainment. However, many users have reported that Netflix apps keep freezing on computers. If you are facing this type of problem, then these points would be helpful for you.
Table of Contents
How To Resolve Netflix Freezing Computer Issue
Below are the ways to solve Netflix freezing my computer issue:
Correcting The Date And Time
Sometimes because of the wrong date and time, Netflix doesn’t want properly, and some of the users reported that after the correction is made, it helped them with the proper function of Netflix. The steps in correcting the date and time are as follows:
- In the search box, search for the control panel.
- From the control panel, click on the option Clock, Language, and Region.
- After that, select Date and Time.
- Now, look at whether the date and time are correct. If not, adjust the date and time.
- Press OK and check whether Netflix is working or not.
Checking The Internet Connection
In major cases, the Netflix crashing computer error is because of poor internet connection or slow Internet. If the internet is not good, it is obvious that Netflix won’t work properly. To know whether your internet is good or not, search for other websites and if they are also not working or taking time to load, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to resolve your internet issues.
If other websites are working, keep looking on to the other solution provided in this article for better knowledge on fixing the Netflix freezing computer issue.
Disabling Any VPN Or Proxy On Your System
From many past years, we have seen that people misuse certain websites using VPNs worldwide. Due to this, many media services companies are working hard to cut down on such users and remove such misuse of VPNs to access servers. It is suggested that if you are streaming shows on Netflix, not to use VPN.
Now let’s look into a proxy. If you are using a proxy on Windows 10, then you eliminate its server to fix Netflix freezing computer issue. The steps included in the removal of the server are as under:
- In the taskbar, click windows and select settings or press Windows key + I on your keyboard to launch the settings app.
- Select Network and Internet from settings.
- From the left – menu pane, select proxy.
- Select “Use a proxy server,” turn it off from the right- menu pane, and then check if your Netflix works.
Reinstalling The Silverlight Plugin
It is necessary to have an updated Microsoft Silverlight plug-in while streaming on Netflix, other it is possible that the Netflix freezing computer windows 10 error shows up. If it is not updated, one can suffer from technical issues. The steps on how to do that are mentioned below:
- Either by clicking on windows from the taskbar and search the Run box or press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Once the Run box pops up, type “appwiz.cpl” and click enter. By doing this, the Programs and Features window will open.
- Now, please search for the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall from the drop-down list.
- After uninstalling it, restart your computer again.
- Now, reinstall the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in and check whether the Netflix freezing computer still persists.
These are the most helpful solutions for the Netflix freezing computer problem. If any of these don’t work, try clearing out Netflix cookies and clearing out your laptop’s storage. As that could be one of the major reasons your laptop is becoming slow and leads to your applications crashing. Check CPU and GPU temperature as a high temperature can cause the freeze.
The solutions for Netflix freezing computers mentioned by us are pretty easy to follow, and even a tech rookie can perform them. Be careful and make sure to follow the steps properly. Hoping this article helped fix the Netflix freezing computer issue, do leave your comments below with any more suggestions.
See also: Spotify Keeps Pausing Music Issue
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.