Netflix has become the world’s most demanded and popular video streaming platform. It can be used on different operating systems like Android, iPad, iPhone, Computers, PS4, etc. After creating an account on Netflix, users can watch all the movies and series that are available on the platform.
However, at times the Netflix app not working error appears on the screen which causes great pain to its regular users. There could be different reasons behind the stopping of Netflix’ services such as:
- Poor internet connection
- Netflix servers are down
- The app has become outdated
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Netflix App Not Working?
- 1.1 Method #1 Use NordVPN
- 1.2 Update Netflix App to its Latest Version
- 1.3 Check Your Internet Speed or Connection
- 1.4 Restart Your Smartphone
- 1.5 Uninstall and Re-install Netflix App
- 1.6 Remove Some Devices Connected
- 1.7 Check Out the Restrictions
- 1.8 Clear Netflix App data
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Netflix App Not Working?
To continue enjoying the services of the Netflix application, you can try the following methods or solutions that can potentially help you to remove the Netflix App not working error.
Read Also: How to fix Netflix NW 2 5 error code?
Method #1 Use NordVPN
The users of Netflix can use NordVPN to watch all the shows of Netflix as NordVPN works very well with Netflix that too for different locations. Also, NordVPN provides better performance and speed on the Netflix platform. NordVPN can also remove the Netflix App not working error in your device. Follow the steps to do this:
- Download and Install NordVPN app from Play store in your device.
- Login to NordVPN US Netflix server.
- Navigate to Netflix app and start watching your favorite series.
Update Netflix App to its Latest Version
If still, you are using an outdated or older version of the Netflix app, it can cause hindrance to you from accessing the content of the app.
So go to Google Play Store and Type Netflix in the search box. Check if there is any update of Netflix available, if it’s available then simply, click on the Update button. After this, re-launch the Netflix app and check if you play the videos on Netflix now.
Check Your Internet Speed or Connection
If Netflix is showing you a black screen or if it is always loading the video, then this might be caused by the poor Internet connection in your phone. So make sure that you get a good internet connection that works correctly.
- 3 Ways to Fix Err Connection Timed Out Error in Chrome
- 10 Ways to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet in Chrome
- 3 Ways to Fix Err_Internet_Disconnected in Chrome
If you are on a WiFi connection, switch it off and then turn on again to check its performance. Try to connect to a faster and stable internet connection while you are streaming online content on Netflix.
Restart Your Smartphone
Sometimes more significant problems can be solved by most straightforward solutions. This can also work in the case of the Netflix App not working. Follow the steps:
- Press & hold the power button to switch off your Android or iPhone.
- Confirm that you want to turn off your phone.
- Then after few minutes press and hold it again to switch on the phone.
- After this check, if the Netflix app is working now.
Uninstall and Re-install Netflix App
If you are frequently facing issues with the Netflix app, remove it from your phone and then install it a fresh through Google Play Store. It is a great troubleshooting option to be tried by users. Follow the steps to delete the app:
- Press and hold the Netflix app until the time it starts wiggling.
- Tap on the X button in the top corner of your phone.
3. Click on Delete this. It will delete the app along with all the data of the app.
4. Re-install the Netflix app now by navigating to Google Play Store.
5. Sign- in again with your account details on Netflix.
6. Check if the Netflix App not working error is removed.
Follow the steps to uninstall Netflix on an iOS 11 or above:
- Navigate to Settings then tap on General >> iPhone Storage.
- Scroll downwards and find Netflix app and select it.
- Tap on Offload app option. This will delete the app from your smartphone but will retain all the data and documents.
- After offloading, re-install the Netflix application.
Read Also: MSVCR120.DLL is Missing from Your Computer
Remove Some Devices Connected
If you have a habit of connecting to Netflix using different devices on a particular network, try to switch networks on any of those devices. Or if you are not currently using any of those devices, log them out of Netflix. This is because if you use the same network for multiple purposes at a given time, the Internet speed might suffer causing you disturbance from watching video content online on Netflix.
See Also: Ways to Fix 500 Internal Server Error
Check Out the Restrictions
If still, you’re not able to resolve the issue of Netflix App not working error in your Android or iPhone, check out for the possible restrictions enabled in your device.
Follow the steps to check restrictions on your iPhone or iOS:
For iOS 11 and Below
- Navigate to Settings > General Restrictions.
- Type the password that you have earlier used for restrictions.
- Select Disable Restrictions.
- If want to have some restrictions except for Netflix, tap on Websites under the allowed content. Choose any of the options on the screen. Now choose to Add a website and add https://secure.netflix.com.
- This will let you watch any of the Netflix videos on your iPad.
For iOS 12 and Above
- Navigate to Settings > Screen Time.
- Select Content and Privacy Settings.
- Type your Screen Time Password.
- Turn off Content and Privacy Restrictions.
- If you want to retain some restrictions except for Netflix, touch on Websites under allowed content. Choose any of the given options on the screen.
- Now, move to “Add a Website” and add https://secure.netflix.com.
- This will allow you access to watch all the shows and movies of the Netflix app on your iPad.
Clear Netflix App data
- Go to Settings.
- Choose the General option or select Apps or Applications.
- Tap on Manage Applications, Applications Manager or Manage all apps.
- Scroll downwards and choose Netflix. If you are not able to find Netflix, check it in the Downloaded section.
- Go to Storage and Clear data and then select OK.
- Check if the Netflix App not working error is removed.
Read Also: Your Computer is Low on Memory Error
If the issue is still there then Netflix might be down itself. You can verify that from here.
The above steps will probably help you to fix the Netflix App not working error. After adjusting the error, continue watching for your favorite shows and series on Netflix App.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂