Netflix has become the world’s most demanded and popular video streaming platform. It can be used on different operating systems like Android, iPad, iPhone, Computers, PS4, etc. After creating an account on Netflix, users can watch all the movies and series available on the platform.
However, at times the Netflix app not working error appears on the screen, which causes great pain to its regular users. Try closing and restarting the app. This might help solve the issue.
Read more to learn how to fix the Netflix app not working with this thorough guide.
How to Fix Netflix App Not Working?
To continue enjoying the services of the Netflix application, you can try the following methods or solutions to help you remove the Netflix App not working error.
Read Also: How to fix Netflix NW 2 5 error code?
Method #1 Use NordVPN
The users of Netflix can use NordVPN to watch all the shows of Netflix as NordVPN works very well with Netflix that too for different locations. Also, NordVPN provides better performance and speed on the Netflix platform. NordVPN can also remove the Netflix App not working error in your device. Follow the steps to do this:
- Download and Install the NordVPN app from the Play Store on your device.
- Login to NordVPN US Netflix server.
- Navigate to the Netflix app and start watching your favorite series.
Update Netflix App to its Latest Version
If you are still using an outdated or older version of the Netflix app, it can cause hindrance to you from accessing the app’s content.
So go to Google Play Store and Type Netflix in the search box. Check if any update on Netflix is available; if it’s available, click on the Update button. After this, re-launch the Netflix app and check if you play the videos on Netflix now.
See also: YouTube’ An Error Occurred, Please Try Again
Check Your Internet Speed or Connection
If Netflix is showing you a black screen or is always loading the video, then this might be caused by the poor Internet connection in your phone. So make sure that you get a good internet connection that works correctly.
- 3 Ways to Fix Err Connection Timed Out Error in Chrome
- 10 Ways to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet in Chrome
- 3 Ways to Fix Err_Internet_Disconnected in Chrome
If you are on a WiFi connection, switch it off and then turn it on again to check its performance. Try to connect to a faster and more stable internet connection while streaming online content on Netflix.
Restart Your Smartphone
Sometimes more significant problems can be solved by the most straightforward solutions. This can also work in the case of the Netflix App not working. Follow the steps:
- Press & hold the power button to switch off your Android or iPhone.
- Confirm that you want to turn off your phone.
- Then, press and hold it again after a few minutes to switch on the phone.
- After this, check if the Netflix app is working now.
Uninstall and Re-install Netflix App
If you frequently face issues with the Netflix app, remove it from your phone and install it fresh through Google Play Store. It is a great troubleshooting option to be tried by users. Follow the steps to delete the app:
- Press and hold the Netflix app until the time it starts wiggling.
- Tap on the X button in the top corner of your phone.
3. Click on Delete this. It will delete the app along with all the data of the app.
4. Re-install the Netflix app now by navigating to Google Play Store.
5. Sign- in again with your account details on Netflix.
6. Check if the Netflix App not working error is removed.
Follow the steps to uninstall Netflix on an iOS 11 or above:
- Navigate to Settings, then tap on General >> iPhone Storage.
- Scroll downwards, find the Netflix app, and select it.
- Tap on the Offload app option. This will delete the app from your smartphone but retain all the data and documents.
- After offloading, re-install the Netflix application.
Remove Some Devices Connected
If you have a habit of connecting to Netflix using different devices on a particular network, try to switch networks on any of those devices. Or, if you are not currently using any of those devices, log them out of Netflix. If you use the same network for multiple purposes at a given time, the Internet speed might suffer, causing you disturbance from watching video content online on Netflix.
See Also: Ways to Fix 500 Internal Server Error
Check Out the Restrictions
If you’re still unable to resolve the issue of the Netflix App not working error in your Android or iPhone, check out for the possible restrictions enabled in your device.
Follow the steps to check restrictions on your iPhone or iOS:
For iOS 11 and Below
- Navigate to Settings > General Restrictions.
- Type the password that you have earlier used for conditions.
- Select Disable Restrictions.
- If you want some restrictions except for Netflix, tap on Websites under the allowed content. Choose any of the options on the screen. Now choose to Add a website and add https://secure.netflix.com.
- This will let you watch any of the Netflix videos on your iPad.
For iOS 12 and Above
- Navigate to Settings > Screen Time.
- Select Content and Privacy Settings.
- Type your Screen Time Password.
- Turn off Content and Privacy Restrictions.
- If you want to retain some restrictions except for Netflix, touch on Websites under allowed content. Choose any of the given options on the screen.
- Now, move to “Add a Website” and add https://secure.netflix.com.
- This will allow you to watch all the shows and movies of the Netflix app on your iPad.
Clear Netflix App data
- Go to Settings.
- Choose the General option or select Apps or Applications.
- Tap on Manage Applications, Applications Manager, or Manage all apps.
- Scroll downwards and choose Netflix. If you cannot find Netflix, check it in the Downloaded section.
- Go to Storage and Clear data, and then select OK.
- Check if the Netflix App not working error is removed.
Read Also: Your Computer is Low on Memory Error
If the issue is still there, then Netflix might be down itself. You can verify that from here.
Is Netflix currently experiencing any issues?
A sluggish internet connection most frequently causes Netflix to lag. The best alternative is to determine if you can watch Netflix videos using an excellent internet connection. Using Fast.com, you can evaluate your internet speed. The website displays the capacity to stream online videos.
What is the Netflix app reset procedure?
Simply logging directly into Netflix and deciding on Reset your subscription from any of the profiles (apart from a Kids profile), you may reactivate your Netflix subscription. Note: When you must change the password, select Add Premium Plan > Renew your subscription on the Account page after getting there.
Why does Netflix keep taking forever to load?
Several reasons may contribute to a delayed Netflix load time. Inadequate internet access may pose a factor. Device trouble, server challenge, or many background apps are using resources. Execute troubleshooting steps, like assessing the internet's speed, wiping the device clean, or uninstalling unnecessary apps to make loading times faster.
Just spinning on Netflix, why?
A spinning or loaded Netflix wheel frequently denotes a sluggish internet connection or brief server issues. Check the internet connection's speed and try restarting your device or the Netflix app to solve the issue. If an issue continues, which could happen, there's time until Netflix repairs it.
The above steps will probably help you to fix the Netflix App not working error. After adjusting the mistake, watch your favorite shows and series on Netflix App.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.