In Windows 10, users get updates on a regular basis to install the new protective features. The updates repair and fix bugs and keep the computer safe. Automatically the updates perform. And however, sometimes, the auto-updates get blocked due to some errors. Even so, an error message pops up on the update page of some users, saying, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes, and sometimes an error code can also be seen. And if you want to fix Windows 10 won’t update error then click here.
Table of Contents
Your Device Is Missing Important Security And Quality Fixes: Solutions
A broken or incomplete update is the main reason why the windows update error is caused.
By Running Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows gives us numerous troubleshooters to spot, detect and rectify problems in many aspects. Including the Internet, audio, Bluetooth, blue screen, Windows Updates, etc. On getting the error message saying, “Your device is missing important security and quality fixes,” we can run the Windows update troubleshooter to fix the problems and issues that restrain us from updating the Windows.
- Press Win+1 for opening Windows Setting and then click Update and Security.
- Go to Troubleshoot, open Windows Updates, then click Run the Troubleshooter.
- Finish it by following the wizard on the screen. This can be helpful in fixing the error.
By Repairing Corrupted Windows Files
Windows 10 updates may be blocked if there are any corrupt or broken files. To fix this problem, you must follow a few commands to repair the corrupt system files.
- Launching Command prompt(CMD) first, with privileges of being an administrator.
- In CMD Window, type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, then press Enter key.
- In the last step, use the command SFC /scannow after finishing the scan. Downloading the Most Recent Servicing Stack Update (SSU)- According to many users, when the Windows Update failing error happens, this is the most helpful way.
Apart from this way, you can try this way also.
- Open the Windows Settings interface, then click System.
- In the About Page, navigate to Device Specifications, then click on System type.
- Then go to the official Microsoft Update Catalog page, then download the latest SSU that matches the system version.
- After the installation is over, reboot the PC to check if the problem is still there or not.
Reinstalling Windows Updates
When the message “your device is missing important security and quality fixes” shows, then maybe something has interfere or breaks the update. And we can fix this by simply uninstalling and again reinstalling it.
- Navigate to Settings. Then open Update and Security.
- In the Windows Update interface, open View update history.
- Click Uninstall updates, which will lead us to a new window where all the installed updates are listed.
- Right-click on the latest installed update and then click Uninstall.
- Then go to the check for updates option to install all the uninstalled and new updates.
Manually Resetting Windows Update Service Windows Update Error
This problem may be caused by the issue with the Windows update error, and for fixing this, we can just simply reset this service manually.
- As an administrator, open the Command prompt.
- Type the following commands in order, and after finishing each one, press Enter.
Firstly, type- net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
then type – net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Then type – net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
then type – net start bits
net start msiserver
Even after running this program, the error “your device is missing important security and quality fixes” still occurs, then try another way.
Changing Telemetry Level
By changing this, some cumulative updates will not be delivered to the system if the Telemetry level is edited as Security only. So, changing that level will help us fix the issue of update error.
- Open Local Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc, then in the Run window (press Win+R) and then click OK.
- Open Computer Configuration, then Administrative Templates, followed by clicking to Windows Components, then to Data Collection, and then open Preview Builds.
- Then click Allow Telemetry. Then click on Enabled and set the level to Basic- Enhanced or Full.
- And at last, save the changes.
Discussed above are common solutions to the Windows 10 update failing error. Also, one more way to fix this issue is to, enabling the Windows Modules Installer service or enable the Windows Update Advanced option, etc. To fix Windows update issues is troublesome, and also it might not be successful. So, it is recommended to back up the Windows operating system before installing Windows updates. Once getting an update error, the backup can be used to quickly restore the PC to the earlier state.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂