The computers have revolutionized our world by a large margin since the time they were introduced as personal computers. At present, we can hardly expect our days to pass without interaction with a computer or a mobile phone with internet. Thus, it becomes vital for all of the users of the computer system to have some basic troubleshooting skills so that we don’t have to look out for a computer expert or a tech expert to visit us and fix the issues we face while working on the computer system. GeForce Experience Won’t Open in Windows 10 is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 4 Ways to Fix GeForce Experience Won’t Open in Windows 10. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem.
Since Windows is the most widely used Operating system across the world, the issues faced by the users are also too varied. Some users come up with a desktop issue, or some find themselves with a network issue. But, all the issues can fix in one way or the other. One of such issues that have been widely reported by the users is the GeForce experience not Working issue in Windows 10 Operating System. Thus, this article is dedicated to the solutions and fixes of the NVIDIA GeForce experience won’t open issue.
What is GeForce Experience?
GeForce Experience is just a supplementary program or application to the widely used GTX Graphics Card. It has been provided to the users as it helps in the regular and timely updation of the drivers, helps to share of experiences regarding gaming among friends and peer groups and also provides optimal settings for a gaming program.
Causes of GeForce Experience Won’t Open
There isn’t a defined cause that can be stated as the main factor behind the NVIDIA GeForce experience not working error. But by regular analysis of reports and fixes by various users and developers of the software around the world. It can be said that the common causes are the ones that have been listed below.
1. Corrupt software installed.
2. No Driver installed for the installed version of GeForce.
3. Hardware issues.
Knowing the causes always helps in selecting the method that fixes the problem and also saves time which is next to money.
How to Fix GeForce Experience Won’t Open Error In Windows 10
Fixing the GeForce experience won’t start error in window 10 is not a herculean task. It just involves a few ways which hit directly at the sources of the issue. Thus, the methods which we have discussed below will surely solve the issue.
Method 1: Enable the GeForce Experience Service
The GeForce experience service is responsible for the running of the GeForce programs in a computer system. Thus, if you are facing the GeForce experience won’t open error; it is highly possible that it has resulted due to the failure of the GeForce experience service. To enable the GeForce experience service manually, you can use the following steps:
1. Open the Run command by using the key combination of Windows Key + R.
2. Type of services.msc to open the Service Window.
3. In the Service Window, find out GeForce Experience Service.
4. Right Click on the icon and select the restart option. In some cases, the restart option replaces by the start option. Thus, make the choices accordingly.
5. Restart the application to check for the issues.
Having enabled or re-enabled the GeForce experience service, the GeForce experience won’t start issue will be solved. If it persists, then try one the methods discussed below and that might resolve the issue.
Method 2: Check the Graphics Card Driver
The Graphics Card Driver has a vital role in the GeForce Experience. But we do not have this driver installed on the computer system. It will undoubtedly result in the GeForce experience won’t open error in Windows Operating System. In some cases, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the driver as there has been some issue with the installation of the driver. The steps that you could follow to do so are:
1. Open the Run Command by pressing the Windows Key and R key together.
2. Type in devmgmt.msc for opening the Device Management Window.
3. If you have the driver installed, select Display Adapters and then click on GeForce.
You Might Be Fixing: atikmpag.sys Blue Screen of Death
4. Uninstall the GeForce driver.
5. Now, open the official website of GeForce and download the latest version of the driver.
6. Install the new driver and then restart the computer.
Following the above method will solve the issue if the driver had caused it. But if there was something else behind the error, look at the other ways to fix it.
Also Read –
Method 3: Update the Operating System
Using the updated version of the software is not a habit among most of the users. While using an obsolete operating system will make the latest driver incompatible and will cause the GeForce experience won’t open error. Thus, you have only two choices:
1. To continue with the latest driver software, you need to update the Operating System. It recommends as it will save you from a number of other issues as well.
2. To continue with the obsolete operating system, you need to uninstall the driver and install an obsolete version. It will work as an instant solution with a short-term fix.
Thus, it is your choice to which of the above methods you use to get the GeForce experience won’t open error.
Method 4: Check for Issues With the Hardware
Not using hardware which is compatible with the program is also a significant cause of the errors like the GeForce experience won’t open error. To maintain the stability of the computer system and also to keep up the good health of the computer, we should use only the compatible hardware and software. To fix the error, check if the RAM is as required, the graphics card is as needed and other such things. Having done this, there is no chance that you will face the GeForce experience won’t open error again.
Check This: 10 Best CPU Benchmark Software for Windows
Method 5: Disable Antivirus Programs
Sometimes, Antivirus software creates problems for the other operations in your computer system and also affects the performance of some applications of which NVIDIA GeForce Experience is one.
So you can choose to temporarily disable them in your Windows computer and then run GeForce Experience in your system.
Method 6: Reinstall GeForce Experience in Your PC
You can try to reinstall GeForce Experience in your system if you are not able to open it in your Windows 10 computer. Follow the steps:
1. Download the latest available version of GeForce Experience from its official website.
2. Now, you need to Uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience from your PC. To do that, navigate to Control Panel>>Programs and Features & find NVIDIA GeForce Experience from the list. Click Uninstall to remove it completely from your computer.
3. Restart your computer now and install the latest files for GeForce Experience in your PC.
4. Now run the latest installed version of GeForce Experience and check if you’re facing GeForce Experience won’t open error or not.
These were the methods that would have helped you to fix the GeForce experience won’t open error in Windows 10. If none of them worked out for you, then it is time for you to uninstall and reinstall the Operating System, but this has to be the last step.
- 1 What is GeForce Experience?
- 2 How to Fix GeForce Experience Won’t Open Error In Windows 10
- 3 Conclusion