SD card is a decent mode for the capacity of any computerized media, for example, photographs, sounds, video cuts in camcorders, cameras, MP3 players and Android telephones or any gadget with memory card support. At the point when SD Card not Recognized on PC or phone not identifying SD card, we’ll need to know the reasons why the SD card can’t fill in as ordinary, check the accompanying causes.
The first thing is to find the issue. Is it an issue with the smaller scale SD card or the Android phone, or something different? Inconvenience area will spare you much time and exertion. It is likewise conceivable that the issue lies in your Android telephone.
Fill your phone with another SD card, which can be recognized on another gadget, and see the outcome. On the off chance that the new SD card can’t be identified on your cell phone, at that point you may need to fix your telephone in programming or equipment level.
Not able to Locate SD Card on Device?
It is a typical issue that SD doesn’t appear in Window PC. Check the rundown of potential reasons, and you may locate the definite purpose that caused your SD card not appearing or perceived. These days, Micro SD cards are generally utilized on PCs, Android cell phones, 3D systems, cameras, and other advanced gadgets to spare information. However, here and there, the card can get harmed and quit being perceived.
The problem can shift at times. Sometimes the insertion of disk or its removal and related errors also pop up on screens. Other times the SD does appear, but it doesn’t open, or even when it opens, It doesn’t work correctly. The problem can be with the internal hardware also. Try following the solutions given below to get the SD Card back to work.
10 Best Ways to Fix SD Card not Recognized
Method #1 Try Inserting the SD Card on a Different Device
Before concluding to the cause of the problem, do check all the cables. Sometimes, the USB cable the user is using is not appropriately attached to the USB port.
Once all the connections are verified, plug the USB cable out again from the USB port. It must be done post removing it securely from the device. Restart the PC and confirm if the problem is still there.
Method #2 Check all the Cables
Before concluding to the cause of the problem, do check all the cables. Sometimes, the USB cable the user is using is not appropriately attached to the USB port. Once all the connections are verified, plug the USB cable out again from the USB port. It must be done post removing it securely from the device. Restart the PC and confirm if the problem is still there.
Method #3 Put Strain on the SD Card and Insert again
When an SD card doesn’t show on the system, the only solution can be a little pressure on the card itself that makes the SD card visible as now it is inserted smoothly in the reader.
Method #4 Remove all the Dirt from the Device
A damaged and corrupted SD card and its system reader has some dirt and particles that can be a reason of lousy connectivity which results that the user is not able to detect the SD card and further it is not visible on the system.
For this, the user has to clean the SD card by lightly wiping off the dirt with a cloth dipped in alcohol. Water can also be used. The fabric should be made of cotton. When it comes to the card reader, use an air device, specifically compressed. This blows off all the dust present on it. Special contact cleaners are also available in the market.
Method #5 Update Drivers on the SD Card
It can be approached either automatically or manually. To go with a manual driver refresh, go to the official manufacturer’s online site and start searching for the latest correct driver. Do try to search in ways, the device’s manufacturer website as well as the manufacturer of the card reader. The steps given below can also be followed:
- Insert the SD card in the card reader of the device
2. Look for Navigate Control Panel, System, Device Manager, and Disk drivers
3. On the USB device, click right further proceed by selecting Uninstall. After this click on Scan for hardware changes. It will refresh and update all the SD card drivers.
Method #6 Switch the Driver Letter
At a situation where the above methods or even troubleshooting can’t work to solve SD card related issues, then the user has to allocate a new drive letter to the SD card. To go with, the following steps have to be followed:
Click on the Windows + R key, and further start typing: diskmgmt.msc, after this click right on the SD card on the system and click on the option titled as “Change drive letter and paths.’’ After this, click on Change and allocate a fresh new drive letter. There will some steps in the windows that will be dropping down. Follow them one by one carefully.
Method #7 Proceed with Data Recovery
There are lots of Data Recovery links present online that are easy to access and require no expert skills to recover the files later. It helps to restore all the essential data from the damaged SD card. All that is to be done is to plug the SD card on the device.
The chances are that the data will be recovered. Go to links available on the web and download the Recovery Software and install it to a different partition in the system, now launch the software and follow the steps given below to get all the data back from the damaged SD card:
- On the SD card, click on recovery mode.
- Click on the file type the user is looking forward to recovering.
- Now scan the data and set it for preview, click on the recover button and do remember to save the data to a different location on the device.
Method #8 Format the Disk Management System
To format the SD card in the Disk Management system, follow one by one as given below:
- Go to the Disk Management in the order and click right where the SD card is showing up
2. Click on Format button so that process begins
Method #9 Utilizing Special Commands
There are a time when special commands which are specific to given drives, disks or hardware that solve internal problems of a system. This time, use the commands given below to make the SD card visible:
- Open the search box and type “cmd” followed by clicking Run as Administrator
2. Now in the command window, start typing “CHKDSK” and then type the drive letter which is assigned specifically to the SD card in that system.
3. After that, type a colon and “/f.” Hit Enter. This CHKDSK command will fix the repair of the corrupted SD card which is not detected by the device.
4. Insert the SD card again and check if the problem still exists.
Method #10 Delete Everything and Format
A simple approach to get SD card visible on the device is to delete everything and format the card. But before doing that, do remember to make a backup of all the data. Follow as given:
- Click on Windows + R key and start typing CMD
2. This makes the command window to open, now in that window type, Format F: /q. Also, the drive name can be changed according to the system.
3. Press the Enter button and keep patience till the whole process is completed.
Users are always overconfident with the fact that the SD Card still works or the tried and tested method still works. The solutions to get the SD to start given are given above. They help a user to overcome SD Card not Recognized error to a certain extent.
It’s a typical case when the SD card is not visible on the device even when plugged incorrectly. So, follow the above-given steps one by one and make the SD visible again or work properly if that is the problem.
- 1 Not able to Locate SD Card on Device?
- 2 10 Best Ways to Fix SD Card not Recognized
- 2.1 Method #1 Try Inserting the SD Card on a Different Device
- 2.2 Method #2 Check all the Cables
- 2.3 Method #3 Put Strain on the SD Card and Insert again
- 2.4 Method #4 Remove all the Dirt from the Device
- 2.5 Method #5 Update Drivers on the SD Card
- 2.6 Method #6 Switch the Driver Letter
- 2.7 Method #7 Proceed with Data Recovery
- 2.8 Method #8 Format the Disk Management System
- 2.9 Method #9 Utilizing Special Commands
- 2.10 Method #10 Delete Everything and Format
- 3 Conclusion